Duffy's Sports Grill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2018

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duffy's Sports Grill

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duffy's Sports Grill (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was greeted by the hostess who quickly sat me and brought the manager to my table. Experience was positive and he answered my questions in an upbeat manner. He was very excited to offer me a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duffy's Sports Grill (Port Saint Lucie, FL).

Interview

Sit down with GM and other managers, they ask typical interview question, they make you feel comfortable and welcomed, you go for drug test, they call you in 24hrs or less. You train 7days with certified trainer(who are very professional and nice) the interview is a 1day process after the drug screening. You get 2shirts an apron and towel and you got to get khaki pants or shorts and black belt and socks and slip resistant shoes on your own. You get paid biweekly, they tell you that on the interview, and come in prepared and in uniform ready to work during your 7 days of training. Your trainer goes over each day of a packet with you and lets management know if your ready to start or need more training.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duffy's Sports Grill (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

He had me come in and fill out an application at one of their tables. Then he went ahead and explained to me it was their grand opening of the restaurant. I was asked very basic questions in the interview. They needed a large group of employees to train, so basically they could weed out anyone they felt didn't fit in with their type of people.

Interview Questions

• He asked me why should he hire me to work for them. How would I benefit his company.   1 Answer
    • Then he reviewed my application and asked me questions about my previous employers, like why I'm not employed with them anymore.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's NO negotiation process period. Just make sure you really study for food testing because it's intensive.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Duffy's Sports Grill (Port St Lucie, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with HR and the general manager and he asked questions on what I liked about the restaurant business and what was challenging
    Also reviewed hours and days i was working in my previous job
    I had
    2 meetings in total

Interview Questions

• About my previous restaurant experiance   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me the going rate and i accepted

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duffy's Sports Grill (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple and to the point! They want to make sure you have good availability and are able to learn the company ideals. They interviewed me on the spot because I applied before they opened. They do on-the-spot interviews pretty normally which I think is nice, it shows their down to earth qualities.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work Sundays? Do you have restaurant experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Duffy's Sports Grill (Plantation, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

It wasn't bad - they asked about my past experience and why I was in Plantation. It was a quick process. I had to get drug tested but that was expected. I couldn't have asked for a better interview! They were very nice to me and then I started training right away for about a week. Highly recommend!

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest part about past jobs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duffy's Sports Grill (Plantation, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I got interviewed by the manager and general on the same day. It was such a great interview. Both of the people who interviewed me were very friendly. The manager said he wanted to hire me on the spot but needed the GM's approval. I was instructed to come back in an hour when the GM would be there. The GM looked over my application and asked me some more questions. He asked me the size for my uniform and to purchase shoes. I'm so excited to work here.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duffy's Sports Grill (Orlando, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a new store opening. They posted that they were holding applications and interviews at the soon to be opened location. I walked up, applied and got an interview based on my previous experience in the casual dining atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Past employment and experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was an offer for 5.08 plus tips.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coconut Creek, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duffy's Sports Grill (Coconut Creek, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Submit application in-store and introduce yourself to manager. Wait a few days then call back and speak to manager. Keep calling or making in-store appearances until they tell you to meet for an interview.

Interview Questions

• In my case, the interview was extremely simple (and my first). He asked me where I went to school (high school), future plans (college), and then I just needed to convey that I was a team-player who could enhance the happy environment of the workplace.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Mostly everyone gets paid minimum wage and I accepted because it was my first job with no prior experience.

Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duffy's Sports Grill (Boynton Beach, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Stuff about stuff, know how to talk. Be knowledgeable about food, drinks, common courtesy, and how to handle certain situations related to food. Be open to training for atleast a week without descent pay. Take that week to get ready to make money long-term.

Interview Questions

• What is your available work days?   1 Answer