Duke Energy Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.7

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview day lasted from 830am-1230pm. You start out in a conference room with other people being interviewed and some current IT Associates and IT Managers. Half of the people being interviewed will go to their certain rooms at about 9 while the other half sit in the conference room and then get a tour around one of the floors. While sitting there it's just holding a conversation with everyone in the room and talking. It was not hard at all just normal talking. After about an hour of that, the second group goes to be interviewed while the ones that were interviewed hangout in conference room and talk. There are two people that interview you and nothing real technical, everything is behavioral. After the interview, everyone even the ones giving the interview, meet in a conference room to have a catered lunch. This is where the people who you haven't talked to yet, you will have a chance to talk to. Very formal and fun time while having lunch and learning about them and the company. I put I did not receive offer because I have not got that far yet. They take about a week or 2 to get back to you.

Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

2 person interview. They use the star answer approach. Make sure to use star when discussing your work history and tie it strategically to the job description. Make sure you address each task on the job description when talking about your work experience. Star stands for situation, task, actions and results.

Interview Questions

• Are Hulu willing to work ot?   1 Answer

HR analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager first, who made the interview process very comfortable. She was clear and precise about the expectations and goals for the role. Afterwards, I was introduced to a few of the team members, which helped me to better understand the bigger picture of the process and how they functioned as a team.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you are a fit for the role and what steps would you take to become successful?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager met me downstairs in the lobby, and had interview questions prepared that related to the type of work I would be performing. He asked about different scenarios I have been in, and the different types of deliverables I have created. Outside of the predetermined questions the interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult problem I had to solve   1 Answer

EHS Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Phone interview discussing skills and qualifications and how they pertained to the position. A brief summary of what work was being done at different sites, what the job duties entailed, working hours, approximate length of projects, followed by a background check and drug screen by a third-party.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your responsibilities on prior job sites?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Concord, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

After I submitted my online app the next day I received an email to take the 3 part assessment. Which was a little hard mainly the 2nd part, two days later I received a emailed informing me I passed the assessment. About 4 weeks later I received a phone call to come in for a face to face interview. I was interviewed by two managers, which lasted about 45min and About 3 weeks later I received a called phone call and a offer for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took approximately 3weeks. I appiled online. I received an email for testing couple days later. I got an email advising I passed the test the next day. Then got a request for a formal interview. Interview was very comfortable. I don't interview well so that is saying something. The following week received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the best/ worst company you have worked for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

IT Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

This interview was the easiest I have done for a CS job. There were no programming questions at all, which was actually a disappointment since I spent a good 10 hours across two days before the interview brushing up on vocabulary, acronyms, and libraries.The interview was mostly about how I handled some situations, what my interests were, what my long term plan for work was, and to see how polite and well spoken I was. It was more about how I acted and who I was than what I knew.

The interview started with two people talking about my background and the company, which later turned into a nice fancy lunch (they paid for it) with the two interviewers and a manager. I ended up answering a number of questions again for the manager over lunch, but a good amount of it seemed to be them observing how polite I was and how conscious I was about how I ate. I'm a very polite person and since the restaurant was very classy I asked them some questions about proper etiquette in some situations, which seemed to earn me a huge amount of points as I was actively learning and adjusting what I did.

They were very interested in my background in game development, but seemed to be more worried I would leave the company to pursue a career in it. After I explained it was simply a hobby and I had 0 interest in working in that field they began asking how it might help the company to have someone with the skills. I gave some pretty valid explanations on the subject and that also seemed to give some more points.

There was a small phone screen before this interview, but it was only about 15 minutes and your standard "what degree and experience do you have". It seemed more of a way to weed out someone who may have applied to the wrong position by accident.

I feel the interview was TOO easy for the pay they offered, but I feel like they gave me the job because I have a very long resume of open source code contributions so I think they choose candidates that don't need to answer tech questions since they have viewable code.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any situations where you had to work on a project you didn't want to do?   Answer Question
    • Was there a situation where you had to take control of a project for any reason?   Answer Question
    • What do you do for fun?   1 Answer
    • How can your skills be used to better our company?   Answer Question
    • What are your long term plans?   1 Answer

Leadership Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked to go to Uptown Charlotte 2 times for 3-4hr interviews both times. Met with numerous people, everyone from the hiring Director, to someone that would probably report to me to internal customers to the VP of the department and more. These 3-4hrs were pretty grueling, being interviewed by each and every one through their interview process (behavioral questions, all scripted). I got these 2 interviews very quickly after applying but then nothing happened after those - no contact whatsoever. The interview process was not a bad experience, but the lack of contact after, especially when the interviews were very positive and I was anticipating an offer, was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize the department and where do you see yourself in the org chart?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Holly, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Mount Holly, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was difficult to moderate, seemed like a bachelors degree would have helped. I was set down with a coordinator/manager first, and asked to fill out a brief questionnaire. I presented my resume of my previous employment, and was then proceeded to another room in which I was interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be interested in choosing this career path?   1 Answer