Duke Energy Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke Energy Engineering Interview Questions

2.4

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online in August, then about a month later was told I'd be interviewed over the phone. The interview itself was with three people on the other end of the line, asking questions round-robin. It being a phone interview, it was awkward, but they were all very nice. A week after the interview I was contacted again and offered the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Duke Energy

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Over the phone interview, nothing technical, they like to learn more about your character and performance rather than you knowledge. They ask you why do you want to work with them and what do you know about the industry.

Engineer Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by a group of people, two engineers, an accountant, and one other individual whose job title I don't recall. They asked me six behavioral questions and then asked me if I had any questions for them. It wasn't too bad but the hiring engineer said "we will contact all of the candidates by the end of next week to let them know our decision". giving them roughly two weeks to decided, but it took about seven and a half weeks to hear back saying they chose another candidate. I assumed that was the situation after a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time when you and a fellow coworker disagreed on a decision and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy in October 2010.

Interview

Very informal down to earth interview. Mix of behavioral based and traditional interview questions. Follow up response after interview took longer than stated but was offered a position and accepted in the end.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went through a change and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy in September 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position it took about 1 month to get contact from a recruiting agency. I had to take a engineering fundamentals exam which took about 1.5 hrs at the company's Indiana headquarters. It was very fast paced. I was lucky to finish the entire test. Lots of questions tight time frame. About 2 weeks later I was contacted for a interview. I was interviewed by 3 people. It was fairly low stress and I did not feel uncomfortable. Overall a positive experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you disagreed with your management? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current company?   Answer Question

I only declined the offer because it was a significant (10K) a year pay cut starting out. Unfortunately at this point in my life I could not afford the initial pay cut. In other circumstances I would have accepted the offer.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duke Energy in September 2009.

Interview

very easy intense interview with company