Duke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

asked what did i know about duke? then ask regular interview questions and took notes as i spoke. maybe about 9 questions nothing too hard. then told me about the company and position, and asked if i had questions. i put no offer because i just interviewed a couple days ago and was told i’d hear something in two weeks. pretty good interview so i’m confident that i got the position.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you witness someone do something wrongfully and what did you do.   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I appreciated that Duke Energy communicated with me throughout the interview process. It's the worst when a potential employer does not notify you regarding whether or not they will be moving forward with you, but DE did.

Lead Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by company HR rep roughly 3 weeks later. We set up a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager on a friday. The following monday I was asked to fly out for an on-site interview. The on-site occurred a week later. After the on-site I was informed I'd hear back on their decision within a few days. To this date I have not heard back from the company (3 weeks later).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were involved in a project or event that was not part of your normal duties/responsibilities.   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with industry changes and NERC standard changes?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you took the initiative to take on a project.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical STAR interview questions were asked and it was pretty laid back. The interviewees were very nice. The interview was only 45 minutes and was all based on prepared STAR questions.

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewers made me really comfortable, which could be a good or a bad thing. A good thing if you tend to get nervous, but you can get the impression that you did more well than you actually did.

Interview Questions

• How do you navigate working with those that don't pull their weight?   Answer Question

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview day lasted from 830am-1230pm. You start out in a conference room with other people being interviewed and some current IT Associates and IT Managers. Half of the people being interviewed will go to their certain rooms at about 9 while the other half sit in the conference room and then get a tour around one of the floors. While sitting there it's just holding a conversation with everyone in the room and talking. It was not hard at all just normal talking. After about an hour of that, the second group goes to be interviewed while the ones that were interviewed hangout in conference room and talk. There are two people that interview you and nothing real technical, everything is behavioral. After the interview, everyone even the ones giving the interview, meet in a conference room to have a catered lunch. This is where the people who you haven't talked to yet, you will have a chance to talk to. Very formal and fun time while having lunch and learning about them and the company. I put I did not receive offer because I have not got that far yet. They take about a week or 2 to get back to you.

HR analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager first, who made the interview process very comfortable. She was clear and precise about the expectations and goals for the role. Afterwards, I was introduced to a few of the team members, which helped me to better understand the bigger picture of the process and how they functioned as a team.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you are a fit for the role and what steps would you take to become successful?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and someone called to set up the telephone screening. I called in but they had to bump me for 15 minutes as they ran over with another candidate. When I was able to get through for the screening, they explained the role of the paralegal and how it interacts with the other locations.

Interview Questions

• What achievement about which are you most proud and why.   1 Answer

Information Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Applied for position and was immediately followed up with a recruiter. They wanted a copy of my transcript which I was happy to give. A week went by and I contacted my recruiter and received no response. After a month and many more failed attempts to get in touch with the recruiter I had forgotten about the position. Fast forward 4 months later and I am just now receiving a "thanks, but no thanks" email.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Lake Mary, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on 11/28/16 and went in for a interview on 12/12/16, I sat down with the hiring manager and one of the team leads. The interview overall was about the job position and requirements, along with behavioral questions and previous job occupations. Its been over 2 weeks and I still haven't heard anything back.