Duke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

170 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

asked what did i know about duke? then ask regular interview questions and took notes as i spoke. maybe about 9 questions nothing too hard. then told me about the company and position, and asked if i had questions. i put no offer because i just interviewed a couple days ago and was told i’d hear something in two weeks. pretty good interview so i’m confident that i got the position.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you witness someone do something wrongfully and what did you do.   Answer Question

Interview

Was no interview. Knew me from past jobs. I met with a supervisor who knew me from a previous job and I was hired by him for the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Met college recruiter at career fair, 5 weeks later got an interview request. 30 minute phone interview was laid back and easy. Young interviewers. Got a call around a week later with an offer.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I appreciated that Duke Energy communicated with me throughout the interview process. It's the worst when a potential employer does not notify you regarding whether or not they will be moving forward with you, but DE did.

Lead Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by company HR rep roughly 3 weeks later. We set up a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager on a friday. The following monday I was asked to fly out for an on-site interview. The on-site occurred a week later. After the on-site I was informed I'd hear back on their decision within a few days. To this date I have not heard back from the company (3 weeks later).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were involved in a project or event that was not part of your normal duties/responsibilities.   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with industry changes and NERC standard changes?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you took the initiative to take on a project.   Answer Question

Engineering Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Plainfield, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Quick "Do not reply" email with location, time and names of interviewers. Interviewed by 3 people in the department from all over the state. Each person asked 2 HR questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very bland, what would/did you do in this situation(s). Give an example of _________.

They were simple enough questions, however thinking of 6 similar scenarios off the top of my head was not as easy as it sounds.

It would have been better for myself to visually see the question, instead of them read it out loud to me. I process things through visuals and not hearing generally. I had to ask them a few times to repeat the question, as they were often so long you forgot what the first part entailed. The hardest part was trying to think of the scenarios asap.

My 6 questions only lasted 15 min.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical STAR interview questions were asked and it was pretty laid back. The interviewees were very nice. The interview was only 45 minutes and was all based on prepared STAR questions.

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewers made me really comfortable, which could be a good or a bad thing. A good thing if you tend to get nervous, but you can get the impression that you did more well than you actually did.

Interview Questions

• How do you navigate working with those that don't pull their weight?   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

The company conducts panel interviews, usually the hiring manager, a nonunion employee and an HR business partner. They take turns asking questions and everyone takes notes on your response. During most of the interview, the panel does not give eye contact since they will either be writing or typing.

Interview Questions

• The questions are behavior based.   1 Answer

The pay relative to my current pay was less than favorable.

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview day lasted from 830am-1230pm. You start out in a conference room with other people being interviewed and some current IT Associates and IT Managers. Half of the people being interviewed will go to their certain rooms at about 9 while the other half sit in the conference room and then get a tour around one of the floors. While sitting there it's just holding a conversation with everyone in the room and talking. It was not hard at all just normal talking. After about an hour of that, the second group goes to be interviewed while the ones that were interviewed hangout in conference room and talk. There are two people that interview you and nothing real technical, everything is behavioral. After the interview, everyone even the ones giving the interview, meet in a conference room to have a catered lunch. This is where the people who you haven't talked to yet, you will have a chance to talk to. Very formal and fun time while having lunch and learning about them and the company. I put I did not receive offer because I have not got that far yet. They take about a week or 2 to get back to you.