Duke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager met me downstairs in the lobby, and had interview questions prepared that related to the type of work I would be performing. He asked about different scenarios I have been in, and the different types of deliverables I have created. Outside of the predetermined questions the interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult problem I had to solve   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and someone called to set up the telephone screening. I called in but they had to bump me for 15 minutes as they ran over with another candidate. When I was able to get through for the screening, they explained the role of the paralegal and how it interacts with the other locations.

Interview Questions

• What achievement about which are you most proud and why.   1 Answer

Information Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Applied for position and was immediately followed up with a recruiter. They wanted a copy of my transcript which I was happy to give. A week went by and I contacted my recruiter and received no response. After a month and many more failed attempts to get in touch with the recruiter I had forgotten about the position. Fast forward 4 months later and I am just now receiving a "thanks, but no thanks" email.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Lake Mary, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on 11/28/16 and went in for a interview on 12/12/16, I sat down with the hiring manager and one of the team leads. The interview overall was about the job position and requirements, along with behavioral questions and previous job occupations. Its been over 2 weeks and I still haven't heard anything back.

Mainframe Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I went through all my previous jobs that I had worked as a Mainframe Application and explained my experience using all the pertinent software and tools which were the same as the job interview was for at Duke Energy. It was easy for the interviewers to relate to my past experience with the job I was applying for

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what I had worked with in my past work experiences and how I used the various software tools and languages in relation to the job I was being interviewed for.   Answer Question

I had a family emergency and could not relocate there at this time.

EHS Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Phone interview discussing skills and qualifications and how they pertained to the position. A brief summary of what work was being done at different sites, what the job duties entailed, working hours, approximate length of projects, followed by a background check and drug screen by a third-party.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your responsibilities on prior job sites?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Concord, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

After I submitted my online app the next day I received an email to take the 3 part assessment. Which was a little hard mainly the 2nd part, two days later I received a emailed informing me I passed the assessment. About 4 weeks later I received a phone call to come in for a face to face interview. I was interviewed by two managers, which lasted about 45min and About 3 weeks later I received a called phone call and a offer for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took approximately 3weeks. I appiled online. I received an email for testing couple days later. I got an email advising I passed the test the next day. Then got a request for a formal interview. Interview was very comfortable. I don't interview well so that is saying something. The following week received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the best/ worst company you have worked for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Safety Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Ocala, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line and it took 6 weeks to get a phone interview. The interviewer was knowledgeable and explained that they were searching for the perfect fit vs. the perfect candidate. The interview lasted approximately 45 min and was a very informative experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Wilmington, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty typical. We talked about his experiences with the company and my desires to work there. He quizzed me on my knowledge of Microsoft Excel. It took me a few months until I heard back from them.