Duke Energy Co-Op Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke Energy Co-Op Engineer Interview Questions

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I was directly called for interview after job application. Some basic technical questions and STAR questions. There were 2 interviewers and they were really friendly. The interview lasted around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation needed. They made an offer I couldn't refuse.

Other Interview Reviews for Duke Energy

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy in March 2016.

Interview

Attended information session at school. Applied for position online. Received email to schedule and complete phone interview. Received another email to schedule another on-site interview. Arrived on-site and was interviewed by hiring manager and coworker in conference room. Friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Questions seemed geared toward personality and work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a safety or ethical issue at work or school. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • When a team member or coworker disagreed with you, how did you respond?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Fairly straight forward, not many technical questions as the interviewer is in HR. The interviewer used the resume alot, which helped as they picked questions that applied to your background.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke Energy in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy, mostly conversational the behavioral questions didn't require a star format. they were understandable about the nervousness that candidates may feel during an interview. the lady was definitely friendly. they call me that afternoon schedule an interview, 3 hours after the interview they call back with an offer and after a week or so they sent an official letter. very quick fast, easy process for a great company.

senior year

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy in March 2015.

Interview

Rather simple process. I met the recruiter at a career showcase at my school. Sent her my resume, she then followed up to schedule a phone interview. I had the phone interview, and that was the end of the process. During the interview over the phone, she asked most basic behavioral questions to see what would I do in certain situations.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke Energy in November 2013.

Interview

I went through my university to acquire the interview. It was with the power generation side of Duke. There were two people interviewing me for 30 minutes. It was mostly personality/situational based questions. They did not ask anything technical. They mostly wanted to know about how I worked with others and what leadership experience I had. I received my offer a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to work with others to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

Not bad at all, relatively easy questions. Very conversational and no technical questions. It was very easy to get an interview because Duke needed co-ops ASAP. I think they screened more for personable engineers who seemed comfortable with talking.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you faced and how did you overcome it.
      Name a time that you assisted someone else   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I received an interview at my college job fair. I had an on-campus interview the next day. Three weeks later they offered me a job over the phone.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Most were typical behavioral questions asked during an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate for this position.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Very thorough. Standard STAR interview questions.

Negotiation

Set pay rate, very flexible on starting/ continuing dates