Duke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.8

Engineering Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I first did a phone interview. I mostly had to listen for the most part. Questions were more geared to finding personality, rather than experience. Felt kind of like a interrogation. Analyzing every word. Seeing if I would trip up on what I said. That was only the phone interview. The face to face interview was more of the same but the added effect of being face to face!

Interview Questions

• If a co-worker was have a hard time at work and not getting much done. Would you tell them that you notice how they are performing or let that co-worker do things alone?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and someone called to set up the telephone screening. I called in but they had to bump me for 15 minutes as they ran over with another candidate. When I was able to get through for the screening, they explained the role of the paralegal and how it interacts with the other locations.

Interview Questions

• What achievement about which are you most proud and why.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Wilmington, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty typical. We talked about his experiences with the company and my desires to work there. He quizzed me on my knowledge of Microsoft Excel. It took me a few months until I heard back from them.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager met me downstairs in the lobby, and had interview questions prepared that related to the type of work I would be performing. He asked about different scenarios I have been in, and the different types of deliverables I have created. Outside of the predetermined questions the interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult problem I had to solve   1 Answer

Mainframe Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I went through all my previous jobs that I had worked as a Mainframe Application and explained my experience using all the pertinent software and tools which were the same as the job interview was for at Duke Energy. It was easy for the interviewers to relate to my past experience with the job I was applying for

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what I had worked with in my past work experiences and how I used the various software tools and languages in relation to the job I was being interviewed for.   Answer Question

I had a family emergency and could not relocate there at this time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Lake Mary, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on 11/28/16 and went in for a interview on 12/12/16, I sat down with the hiring manager and one of the team leads. The interview overall was about the job position and requirements, along with behavioral questions and previous job occupations. Its been over 2 weeks and I still haven't heard anything back.

Information Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Applied for position and was immediately followed up with a recruiter. They wanted a copy of my transcript which I was happy to give. A week went by and I contacted my recruiter and received no response. After a month and many more failed attempts to get in touch with the recruiter I had forgotten about the position. Fast forward 4 months later and I am just now receiving a "thanks, but no thanks" email.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Concord, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

After I submitted my online app the next day I received an email to take the 3 part assessment. Which was a little hard mainly the 2nd part, two days later I received a emailed informing me I passed the assessment. About 4 weeks later I received a phone call to come in for a face to face interview. I was interviewed by two managers, which lasted about 45min and About 3 weeks later I received a called phone call and a offer for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Entry Level Lineman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

He asked me basic information about working hours and the ability to work after normal working hours to help with repairs after a storm, and was I strong enough to do the job.

Interview Questions

• How old am I.   1 Answer
    • Could I work five days a week and be available for call up if necessary.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None - I just took what they offered.

EHS Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Phone interview discussing skills and qualifications and how they pertained to the position. A brief summary of what work was being done at different sites, what the job duties entailed, working hours, approximate length of projects, followed by a background check and drug screen by a third-party.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your responsibilities on prior job sites?   Answer Question