Duke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

asked what did i know about duke? then ask regular interview questions and took notes as i spoke. maybe about 9 questions nothing too hard. then told me about the company and position, and asked if i had questions. i put no offer because i just interviewed a couple days ago and was told i’d hear something in two weeks. pretty good interview so i’m confident that i got the position.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you witness someone do something wrongfully and what did you do.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was hired based on a long distance phone interview. At the time I lived in California and the position was in the Charlotte, NC. Additionally, I had to provide information to support a security clearance.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop a plan to install a new station main generator? Describe your previous project management experience. Would you be willing to participate in drug screening and a psychological evaluation?   Answer Question

Lead Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by company HR rep roughly 3 weeks later. We set up a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager on a friday. The following monday I was asked to fly out for an on-site interview. The on-site occurred a week later. After the on-site I was informed I'd hear back on their decision within a few days. To this date I have not heard back from the company (3 weeks later).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were involved in a project or event that was not part of your normal duties/responsibilities.   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with industry changes and NERC standard changes?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you took the initiative to take on a project.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with standard questions. After applying, it took about 3 weeks to get an email from HR. HR set up a phone interview and had different times I could choose to do it. Didn't have to do an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time that you have had to confront workplace safety issues."   1 Answer

Interview

Was no interview. Knew me from past jobs. I met with a supervisor who knew me from a previous job and I was hired by him for the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Met college recruiter at career fair, 5 weeks later got an interview request. 30 minute phone interview was laid back and easy. Young interviewers. Got a call around a week later with an offer.

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I appreciated that Duke Energy communicated with me throughout the interview process. It's the worst when a potential employer does not notify you regarding whether or not they will be moving forward with you, but DE did.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical STAR interview questions were asked and it was pretty laid back. The interviewees were very nice. The interview was only 45 minutes and was all based on prepared STAR questions.

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

This was a pretty standard interview process. It began with a phone screen, then an in-person with colleagues and a PM. Finally, another in person with other members of management before a decision is made.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've had issues with a client or colleague and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewers made me really comfortable, which could be a good or a bad thing. A good thing if you tend to get nervous, but you can get the impression that you did more well than you actually did.

Interview Questions

• How do you navigate working with those that don't pull their weight?   Answer Question