Duke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

The interview had a fairly laid back with minimal technical questions. They are especially looking for interns that have team work skills and can perform well with a group of engineers. Their process for selecting interns is quite lengthy and will take a couple months even after being informed you were selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Where would you be willing to work if offered this position?   1 Answer

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Applied online. They called a few weeks later to setup interview. Interview Panel was made up of hiring manager and other lead engineers. They asked mainly behavioral questions and at the end some technical questions. At the beginning each panel member introduced themselves and explained a little about their duties in the company. Interview was done at the work location, and the panel was very good in terms of repeating questions, making you feel comfortable. At the end there was some casual talk. They called within a week with the decision and a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a situation when you had two co-workers who had different opinions about how to solve an issue and you had to help resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Leadership Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked to go to Uptown Charlotte 2 times for 3-4hr interviews both times. Met with numerous people, everyone from the hiring Director, to someone that would probably report to me to internal customers to the VP of the department and more. These 3-4hrs were pretty grueling, being interviewed by each and every one through their interview process (behavioral questions, all scripted). I got these 2 interviews very quickly after applying but then nothing happened after those - no contact whatsoever. The interview process was not a bad experience, but the lack of contact after, especially when the interviews were very positive and I was anticipating an offer, was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize the department and where do you see yourself in the org chart?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Gainesville, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very good. Questions were good. Interviewer was nice. Overall it was an awesome experience. Also, the company is very well reputed, so it will be an honour for anyone joining the organisation.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Holly, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Mount Holly, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was difficult to moderate, seemed like a bachelors degree would have helped. I was set down with a coordinator/manager first, and asked to fill out a brief questionnaire. I presented my resume of my previous employment, and was then proceeded to another room in which I was interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be interested in choosing this career path?   1 Answer

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy in May 2016.

Interview

I applied twice, once the company put a hiring freeze on the position and the second time I was offered the job. In both situations, the company and hiring managers were extremely professional, responsive, open to negotiations, and sensitive to my situation. HR notified me of a one hour phone interview with the hiring manager, then (in the second situation) I flew out for an in-person interview (1/2 day). The office space was very light and open, with plenty of amenities, and happy-looking workers.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Rigorous. Met with several managers. It was an all-day process. Lots of questions about examples of how experience lines up with role and lots of behavioral questions. Highly recommend lots of preparation to explain your qualifications for the job. Expect to go to lunch

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you took initiative
      Describe a time when you had to deliver bad news to your manager   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

You have to take a three part assessment which can take up to three hours. The assessment is very subjective. Its really all about time and accuracy. A few questions timed out on me but I still passed because I had enough filled in on that particular question. After you pass you have an interview with two people.

Interview Questions

• What qualities are important for working in customer service?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Supposedly, the staffing agency relayed the information that I had an interview with the manager and with a panel interview included. But I had an interview with only the manager, who was very friendly and professional. Started off with small talk. Then got down to 4 to 5 behavioral interview questions. Next, he further explained the roles of the position and the teams in the department. Finally, he asked if I had any questions, which he addressed very thoroughly. Even after the interview, he remained friendly and continued small talk until he walked me back down to the lobby.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous employments.
      Share with me a moment in which you handled an unpleasant customer.
      Tell me a moment when a project that you were in charge didn't succeed and how you reacted and handled it.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy in March 2016.

Interview

Attended information session at school. Applied for position online. Received email to schedule and complete phone interview. Received another email to schedule another on-site interview. Arrived on-site and was interviewed by hiring manager and coworker in conference room. Friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Questions seemed geared toward personality and work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a safety or ethical issue at work or school. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • When a team member or coworker disagreed with you, how did you respond?   Answer Question