Duke Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.8

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Energy in March 2016.

Interview

Attended information session at school. Applied for position online. Received email to schedule and complete phone interview. Received another email to schedule another on-site interview. Arrived on-site and was interviewed by hiring manager and coworker in conference room. Friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Questions seemed geared toward personality and work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a safety or ethical issue at work or school. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • When a team member or coworker disagreed with you, how did you respond?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website and was chosen for an on campus interview. Interviewed with 2 Duke employees on campus, then about 3-4 weeks later found out I made it to the final round. The final round was in Charlotte, NC at their headquarters. Five Duke employees took out 2 other candidates and I to a very nice dinner the night before and put me in a hotel as my interview was the next morning. Interview was on 47th floor of their building which led to incredible views. Was interviewed by 5 employees in a panel interview. Thought I did very well in the interview but 4 weeks later found out I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time you had a problem with a customer and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Engineering Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I first did a phone interview. I mostly had to listen for the most part. Questions were more geared to finding personality, rather than experience. Felt kind of like a interrogation. Analyzing every word. Seeing if I would trip up on what I said. That was only the phone interview. The face to face interview was more of the same but the added effect of being face to face!

Interview Questions

• If a co-worker was have a hard time at work and not getting much done. Would you tell them that you notice how they are performing or let that co-worker do things alone?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Took a test if you passed the test you get a email stating you had been selected for a interview then you are told to pick a time and date to meet with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Applied online, 2 months later got a phone screening, a month later took a test, then did a face to face interview with a manager and a team lead. Proceeded to drug testing and background check authorization.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time that you had to work in a team, describe your role and discuss the results of the teamwork.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by a group of people. They were friendly and asked basic interview questions. Did have a good feel that I secured the job after the interview. Got an offer after 3 weeks or so.

Program Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Mostly general conversation about the company and the position. Lots of questions on my end to fill up time for the 1 hour interview with my immediate supervisor and another supervisor looking to fill a position in a different engineering department.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about your past experience as an intern
      2. What are your hobbies outside of work
      3. What do you know about his program specifically and how it started in the industry   Answer Question

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Duke Energy (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview, about an hour or so long. Very friendly, but professional. Questions were standard and relevant but felt more like a conversation than an interview. The time between applying, interviewing and receiving an offer, although bridging the major holiday season, was quite extensive. Applied in September, interviewed in November, received offer in January, on-boarding takes a while so I did not start until February

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Duke Energy after so many years in the _____ Industry?   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke Energy.

Interview

Fairly straight forward, not many technical questions as the interviewer is in HR. The interviewer used the resume alot, which helped as they picked questions that applied to your background.

Interview Questions

Interview

Had a professor send my resume to the manager of the Real Estate Department for Research. I got a call to set up an interview. Interview was at the Lake Mary, FL office. I was interviewed by three people at the same time.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths? Weaknesses? How well do you multi-task? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question