Duke Raleigh Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke Raleigh Hospital Interview Questions

3.7

Clinical Nurse I New to the OR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke Raleigh Hospital (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a couple weeks later to set up an interview and shadowing. The staff was wonderful. They had a welcoming breakfast for those being interviewed and then we were split up among shadowing opportunities in the OR. This was an incredible experience to be able to witness an operation in person. We then were pulled one by one for an interview with about 5 of the OR managers and team leaders. Again the staff was wonderful and I felt the process was great. The staff made me feel comfortable and I really got a sense of the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you implemented a change at work? What were the outcomes?
      Tell us about a time a co-worker or classmate did something ethically questionable. How did you handle it?
      Tell us about you and why you want to work for the OR?   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duke Raleigh Hospital (Raleigh, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

It was smooth and pleasant, but that was six years ago management now is not so good with hiring. They asked a lot of questions to make sure that I was qualified and to make sure I knew what I was doing

Interview Questions

• what programs did I know and did I understand how to do different aspect of the job   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duke Raleigh Hospital (Raleigh, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted by the Nurse Recruiter. We set up an interview time and I had to have five references submit a form online, that they then combined into one anonymous form of input. The day I went in to interview, I first met with the recruiter who told me the day position I'd applied for was no longer available. The position was going to staff internally who wanted days. I understood the loyalty, but didn't want to work nights. I was encouraged to interview for the position anyway. When I was taken to the unit I discovered the person I was supposed to interview with had left earlier that day for a family emergency. The nurse educator didn't know anything about the interview but went with it, and interviewed me right then. I was contacted within two days with an offer for a nightshift position. I declined, stating clearly that I wanted to work days. A few weeks later, I was contacted by the recruiter with an offer for a day position as one had just become available. I accepted. :)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you experienced a conflict with a co-worker or family member and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was a lateral transfer, so there was no negotiation of pay. However, they encourage and support movement up the clinical ladder which increases pay.