Duke University Graduate Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke University Graduate Student Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

On campus interviews. Individual interviews with four faculty members followed by interview by a panel of six faculty members. Questions focused on past scientific studies as well as particular areas of interest at Duke. Met with current graduate students to learn more about the school. Tours were conducted to showcase the laboratories and surrounding area.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Duke University

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in February 2009.

Interview

The initial phone interview took approximately 45 minutes, where we talked about research and potential projects to work on. My advisor invited me to visit Duke for a look around campus and to have interviews. I had about 7 one-on-one interviews with other faculty that lasted about 30 minutes each. I then met with my potential advisor for a couple of hours and mainly talked about research. The interviews were pretty informal, with mostly scientific talk, little personality questions.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Was an amazing experience. The interviewer tried to genuinely find out more about my experience and strengths and weaknesses. It was holistic and satisfactory because they didn't get hung up on one or two of my resume sections but covered everything systematically. They tried to see if I fit into the Duke eco system and would uphold the Duke brand

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was effective and short

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University.

Interview

Duke PhD recruiting is different from other graduate programs. Doesn't matter how qualified you are, they match you with a professor... if there's no match, you won't get in. If you get the interview (campus visit), you're basically already in.