Duke University Health System Interview Questions in Durham, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.8

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

I was applying for a position in the OR. I was invited to their NTTOR (New to the OR) Open House on a Thursday. The open house was 8am-3pm. They gave us an overview of the program, then split us up into 2 groups. About 25 went to shadow some surges, and the other 25 stayed and interviewed with the department of choice. Interviews were one-on-one and lasted about 15-20 minutes each.

RN, Bsn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 different nurses. The first asked me 2 behavorial type interview questions and the second one, describe the job function. Overall I felt very at ease and was pleased with how the interview went.,

Lab Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online via an industry job board and was called for an interview a week later. It's been two months since and still have't received an offer or not.

CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Very condescending managers. Talked down to me as if I didn't know how to do the job. One manager was an assistant when I was a Senior lead a few years ago, acted like she knew more. I belive it to be personal because I left on maternity leave and didn't return.

Interview Questions

• How to do everything little thing. Asked if I wo uld travel 100%.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

I was informed of the opening by a friend and put in touch with the departmental director who is an acquaintance of that friend.
    I submitted an application online.
    I was interviewed by the department manager and a departmental supervisor.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your ability to deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Clinical Nurse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview took place in four phases, each lasting approximately one hour. For the first round, I interviewed with the current managers of the department for which I was applying. The second round consisted of 4 other employees with the same job title and description as me. Of course, this was the more relaxed yet most important phase, as they are experts in their fields and would be able to provide very valuable feedback at the completion of the interview process. The third phase included the two directors that I would be working alongside. Lastly, I met with the ACNO.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for employment here, rather than staying where you are?   1 Answer

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The overall hiring process was somewhat informal. It began with a tour of the facility and brief introductions. The questions asked were pretty typical. The facility/management was concerned about the character of the applicant.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: What is your 3, 5, 10 year plan? How do you treat patients with chronic pain? Behavioral interview type questions.   Answer Question

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for a different position and my resume was forwarded to hiring manager for a data tech position and I was contacted. I interviewed at the Duke Cancer center and it took about 2 weeks after the interview to find out about the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty typical. Asking about past experiences and background experiences that related to the roles of the position. Where you see yourself in 5 years and goals was asked.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview only lasted about 20 minutes - very short. We talked about leadership, teamwork, and future goals. It was somewhat casual with some typical interview topics sprinkled in. There were several opportunities to pose questions about the unit, and she was happy to speak about both positive and negatives of the unit.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your pet peeves?   1 Answer

Molecular Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

It was 14 years ago. Interviewed with 5 of the technical specialists, lab mgr and Director.
    Multiple questions by all and repeated by the different groups
    lab tour. The decision was relatively quick - 2 days later. I started after my contract was up in another lab.

Interview Questions

• How would I transition from a clinical lab tech to a molecular tech   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation