Duke University Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke University Health System Interview Questions

Interviews at Duke University Health System

2.8

Nurse Interview

Interview

Two call interviews through the phone and Zoom, one with HR, one with a nurse manager, was notified a week later. They asked behavioral and technical questions. Was overall an easy and transparent experience.

ICU Clinical Nurse II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Tampa, FL) in May 2020.

Interview

Very easy interviewing process (especially during a Pandemic). I applied in the morning about two weeks ago and was contacted that same day for a phone interview with the recruiter. I spoke with the recruiter that next day and setup an interview a week later with the manager of ICU via zoom meeting. We spoke on zoom and phone for about an hour and a half and asked typical behavioral interview questions and some fun questions. I was also taken around the unit via zoom and shown the unit and spoke with two other nurses. I was then contacted three days later with a job offer!

Interview Questions

• Why Duke?
      Have you ever dealt with a difficult colleague before?
      Tell me something about yourself that I would not know from your resume?
      What is something you don't like about your current job?
      What do you look forward too when you come to work?   Answer Question

Mlt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in April 2020.

Interview

It was very straightforward and relaxed. Interviewed with the day and night supervisors. They took turns back and forth asking lots of questions. A lot of the questions were related to the lab and how you handled situations.

Interview Questions

• How well do you do under pressure   1 Answer

Performance Services - Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

Unfortunately I had a very negative experience with the hiring process for Duke Performance Services that felt disorganized and unprofessional. Despite applying in November, I didn't receive initial feedback until three months later, and the entire process took a total of almost four months. About two months into waiting for any response, I was scheduled for my first interview (virtual), however while I was awaiting that scheduled interview, I received an automated email saying that I was no longer being considered for the role. After following up with Performance Services directly and informing them that the online portal indicated my removal from the candidate pool, they informed me that I WAS still being considered... This disorganization was both frustrating and unsettling, especially for an organization in charge of implementing "operational improvements" across Duke Health. I then had a virtual interview with a panel, followed by an on-site interview with three groups of two interviewers a few weeks later. All of the questions were behavioral and easy. During the on-site, the first two pairs of interviewers asked me the same questions, which was bizarre... After what I thought was a strong interview and very strong academic and professional background that directly satisfied the job posting's qualifications, I was informed about a week later that I had not been offered the job. What was most upsetting was the reason given in the email -- citing that they want candidates from Industrial and Systems Engineering Backgrounds. And this was after I was told repeatedly that no prior healthcare or systems knowledge was needed, and that they had a mentorship/education program to teach new hires anything they needed to succeed. Considering that during this entire time my resume very clearly spelled out my academic/professional history, this information about a poor fit should have been shared with me way way earlier, instead of stringing me along for four months. Overall, I feel it was a poor interview experience. My advice to Duke Performance Services: if you want cookie-cutter applicants from a particular major or academic institution, be open about this in your job listing, or at least during your first panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of, and other broad easy behavioral questions   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse Interview

Interview

Very simple conversation. Small ten minute conversation between hiring manager. I was asked 3 questions about my interest in the field. Great description of the unit and expectations. Was called later that week with an offer.

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Very quick process, impressed with the promptness of moving along! I was able to shadow prior to my interview so this was helpful in getting to know the unit that I would be working on. The interview was very comfortable and easy going! Duke seems to have their stuff together compared to other hospitals I've applied for so the entire process in general really impressed me.

CVOR Clinical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in December 2019.

Interview

Caucasian recruiter called a Black nurse mid 50s to interview with young Caucasian manager, phillipine male who called this a panel interview lasted 30minutes about how hard he works and takes a month vacation in his country

Interview Questions

• How long you been a nurse in this position   1 Answer

Revenue Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Interview with multiple stakeholders based on experience. Phone interview first followed by in-person interview (day long) with various stakeholders/ customers. Offer extended within 2 weeks of on-site. No surprises, and no behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, Why would be good fit, What will I bring, How my experience tie to sought after role   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview with an HR associate. They asked a few behavioral questions and then had me pick my top unit. I was given a date to come in for an interview and shadow during that phone call. The in person was very laid back and comfortable. The nurse manager and the staff on the unit were so welcoming. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you went above and beyond for a patient.   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time that you had a difficult patient and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in October 2019.

Interview

I went to the October New Graduate RN Career Fair and attending that event made the overall process much easier. I gave my resume to units that I was interested in working for and was able to set up an interview with my top 3 on the spot.