Duke University Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2018

2.8

Appoinment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

Duke interview process take entirely too long. I applied who knows when, I was contacted to do a 3 question interview through email in July. Later had a phone interview a month later and finally had a panel interview (5 people were present). I was hired and started on October 5th.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any bad interactions with another employee and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you went above and beyond your job duties.   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The Management team individually interviewed me with each member asking multiple different questions. The questions were about personality, some technical questions, and gauging interest in Duke. I believe this was to give all leaders a chance to see if I could fit on their team. I then interviewed with actual team members who asked technical questions and talked about real-world issues and how I would solve them.

Interview Questions

• How do you secure your own network at home?   Answer Question
    • What security information would you look for in a mobile application?   Answer Question

PSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

3 interviews during about a 2 month period. I interviewed after submitting an online application, and was called about 2 weeks later for a job fair as a PSA/FCC. I was called in for a phone interview, then went to the job fair, after the job fair interview I was called to meet two supervisors.

Clinical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System in December 2017.

Interview

I applied at the end of October and received an email early December to set up an intro phone call. My intro phone call was with a recruiter who told me about the position and asked me a few behavioral questions, as well as questions about my resume/cover letter/experience. The phone call lasted 30 minutes and she said I would be hearing back soon if Duke wanted to move forward with an interview. A few days later I got an email saying the nurse manager wanted to do an interview. My interview lasted 30 minutes and was similar to my first phone call, with some different behavioral questions and why I wanted this position. The manager told me I would hear back within a few days and I received an offer the next day.

CNA I On Labor & Delivery Floor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

For the interview I was required to go the Nursing Recruitment office first. A recruiter met with me, took my HIPPA form, and then walked me up to the floor I was interviewing on. There I met with the nurse manager on that floor and she interviewed me for about 20-30 minutes. After the interview I shadowed another CNA on the floor for an hour.

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I sat down with a hiring manager and a current CNA. They both took turns asking questions about my current job and they gave me different scenarios and asked how I would respond to each. I was able to ask the cna what was a typical day like for her. Overall, it was pretty good interview. They wanted to know more about how I would be as an employee rather than who I am as a person

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Applied to an ad for multiple positions with the PDCs, heard back that I was invited to an interview with a recruiter. Interview went well, found out within a day that i had moved on to the next round. Heard from an office that I was invited to interview with them. Interviewed the following week, thought it went very well but was not offered a position, wish they would have emailed at least that they are not considering me for the position instead I had to find out through my job submission status.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

I was applying for a position in the OR. I was invited to their NTTOR (New to the OR) Open House on a Thursday. The open house was 8am-3pm. They gave us an overview of the program, then split us up into 2 groups. About 25 went to shadow some surges, and the other 25 stayed and interviewed with the department of choice. Interviews were one-on-one and lasted about 15-20 minutes each.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied and interviewed for a position with Duke Network Services. Talked and met with Human Resources representatives and hiring manager several times, then they abruptly cut off contact and, despite my directly asking if I was still under consideration for the role, they declined to answer. I felt like I had been led on and my time had been wasted.

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

phone, in person with manager, in person with president, in person with other management team. It included a personality test and a group presentation first. The initial interview was with all of the applicants at the same time and three hiring managers and we were asked to do a presentation.