Duke University Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.2

Lab Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online via an industry job board and was called for an interview a week later. It's been two months since and still have't received an offer or not.

CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Very condescending managers. Talked down to me as if I didn't know how to do the job. One manager was an assistant when I was a Senior lead a few years ago, acted like she knew more. I belive it to be personal because I left on maternity leave and didn't return.

Interview Questions

• How to do everything little thing. Asked if I wo uld travel 100%.   1 Answer

New Grad Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Applied online, set up an interview with a nurse manager and showed up to find it was with two nurse managers and one walked out to take a phone call halfway through.

Interview Questions

• Q: tell me about yourself
      Q: tell us of a team you were on and the good and bad parts of the team
      Q: give us a time someone lied to you and how you handled it
      -other normal behavioral questions
      Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

Interview

Check in with nurse recruiter. Hour interview with floor nurse manager, a charge nurse, and a preceptor. Regular back and forth discussion of unit and expectations; behavioral questions as forewarned. About another hour shadowing another nurse to get a feel for the floor. Got a tour of the unit and visited with some patients. Assisted lifting and moving but not patient assessment/care.

Interview Questions

• What qualities, both positive and negative, do you see in your current coworkers? e.g. What do you want to emulate or avoid.   Answer Question

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for a different position and my resume was forwarded to hiring manager for a data tech position and I was contacted. I interviewed at the Duke Cancer center and it took about 2 weeks after the interview to find out about the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty typical. Asking about past experiences and background experiences that related to the roles of the position. Where you see yourself in 5 years and goals was asked.   Answer Question

Health Center Administrator/Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knightdale, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Knightdale, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

There is a first for everything and this was a first for me. 1 phone interview and then 5 interviews with a total of 18 people for a HCA/Practice Manager position. You would think I was interviewing for a CEO, CFO, COO, VP position, not a lonely HCA/Practice Manager position. These people do overkill to the max. These people over think everything. I didn't get the position which was a surprise to me because I had more experience and education then 90 percent of the people that interviewed me including the person who would have supervised me. I didn't pay attention to the red flags when I applied for the position so I blame my self for the money and time I lost during the process. The job had been open for almost 6 months and that is a red flag that these people have a hard time making small decisions when it comes to hiring. My experience tell me they micro manage the hell out of you as a employee. Do your research before using up time and money on Duke Health. They had me drive to 3 sites in one day which was over 80 miles of driving for a interview. Durham, Knightdale, Raleigh locations and they knew I had to drive in from out of town just for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How well you get alone with others. Huh, I was a social worker for 7 years, a Practice Manager for 15 years and have been in departments when I had to supervise up to 30 people. Really that's the type of questions you ask me.   4 Answers

Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Online video conference (1 hour) in which they asked basic behavioral questions. There was one graph to analyze and give feedback on. Then an on-site interview and facility tour a few weeks later. Full day very nicely done. Really a great chance to see what the office environment was like.

Health Center Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Typical questions for a practice management: I had the opportunity to meet with the physicians, clinical nurse managers, service access managers. Really great staff and opportunity for advancement.

Physician Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System in October 2015.

Interview

If your application had been selected for an interview, a member of the department’s hiring team contacted you to set up a time.The initial in-person interview was with the Senior Manager responsible for the specific area for the open positions. At the interview the job responsibilities were clearly outlined by the interviewee. If after the initial interview the Senior Manager determined you would be a viable candidate, they would forward your resume and their recommendation on to the department. The department would contact you for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would be your biggest challenge if you were selected for this position?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process took over 2 months. It was difficult to get feedback in a timely manner and there were multiple steps that could have been condensed into one or two if people had gotten their schedules coordinated better. As a result, I took a job where my current employer conducted their interviews within 1 week and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions about networking protocols and white boarding my understanding of networks.   Answer Question