Duke University Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke University Health System Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

I applied while a student at Duke. They informed us when the job posting would be released. It was closed rather quickly. This was one of the years when it was hard for new grad RNs to find work. I interviewed first with the manager, then had a peer interview. I think it took almost a month.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't surprised by questions. Maybe just about my skills, as I didn't know what they were looking for specifically.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Staff Assistant Interview

Interview

Completed on line job application, was called, set up interview, met with three individuals. One was the hiring manager, but then I interviewed with the physicians I actually would be working for. I was offered position via a email and phone call within two weeks. Then negotiated salary. Were interested to see if I had degrees or certifications.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Probably would have paid higher if I had a degree

Clinical Nurse I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Applied online for new graduate nurse position. Got an offer for interview via email. Interview was consisted for meeting with nurse recruiter and unit manager and shadow with staff nurse for 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

I found this job advertisement by a recruiting agency that I was using during my job search. The recruiting process took about 2 months, and it included a phone interview and on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience as an assistant with clinical trials?   Answer Question

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

phone, in person with manager, in person with president, in person with other management team. It included a personality test and a group presentation first. The initial interview was with all of the applicants at the same time and three hiring managers and we were asked to do a presentation.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in February 2008.

Interview

Me and several other people were called in as a group to discuss the benefits, rules, and regulations, for working at duke.

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

Short interview process I work as an intern and they offered me a job really there wasnt an interview. It was just here is what we will offer you and benefits you will get. So I took the job it was pretty simple, wish I had interview now so i could

Patient Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by Team lead and a supervisor. Position was explained and then questions were asked. The ladies were very pleasant and made me feel comfortable..I was asked if I had any questions. Some behavioral questions asked as well as skills questions.. The supervisor was big on teamwork..Good customer service is a must..

Interview Questions

• What is my definition of teamwork?   1 Answer
    • Would I have an issue asking a patient to pay money on their account?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

give a talk to the lab, meet with everybody, ask about:
    • "how do you deal with a difficult stakeholder?" and "how do you influence them to adopt change?"
    • preferred working environment, management structure and style, how I fit into a group
    • tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news,"
    • "tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like,"

Interview Questions

• mainly previous expeirence, good questions on scientific project, what is interested project   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Questions revolved around the job and not around me. Very few personal questions. Whenever i talked about my qualifications they didnt respond. Mostly they just wanted me to ask about the functions of the position i was applying for. It was friendly overall.