Duke University Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke University Health System Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2017

2.8

Ultrasoun Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

easy, not hard, basic interview stuff nothing got be worried about. interview, drug test, back ground check, no reference check. first a phone interview, then a face to face aong with other employees of the department

Clinical Nurse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview took place in four phases, each lasting approximately one hour. For the first round, I interviewed with the current managers of the department for which I was applying. The second round consisted of 4 other employees with the same job title and description as me. Of course, this was the more relaxed yet most important phase, as they are experts in their fields and would be able to provide very valuable feedback at the completion of the interview process. The third phase included the two directors that I would be working alongside. Lastly, I met with the ACNO.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for employment here, rather than staying where you are?   1 Answer

New Grad Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Applied online, set up an interview with a nurse manager and showed up to find it was with two nurse managers and one walked out to take a phone call halfway through.

Interview Questions

• Q: tell me about yourself
      Q: tell us of a team you were on and the good and bad parts of the team
      Q: give us a time someone lied to you and how you handled it
      -other normal behavioral questions   Answer Question

Nurse Manager of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed by phone initially. I came to Durham and meet with the VP of Nursing , Director, Nurses Managers, and staff. I was then called back to interview with other upper management and physicians. This went over a 3 to 4 weeks of time. It was long and drawn out. It would have been nice to complete in 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want the position?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

Interview

Check in with nurse recruiter. Hour interview with floor nurse manager, a charge nurse, and a preceptor. Regular back and forth discussion of unit and expectations; behavioral questions as forewarned. About another hour shadowing another nurse to get a feel for the floor. Got a tour of the unit and visited with some patients. Assisted lifting and moving but not patient assessment/care.

Interview Questions

• What qualities, both positive and negative, do you see in your current coworkers? e.g. What do you want to emulate or avoid.   Answer Question

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The overall hiring process was somewhat informal. It began with a tour of the facility and brief introductions. The questions asked were pretty typical. The facility/management was concerned about the character of the applicant.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: What is your 3, 5, 10 year plan? How do you treat patients with chronic pain? Behavioral interview type questions.   Answer Question

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for a different position and my resume was forwarded to hiring manager for a data tech position and I was contacted. I interviewed at the Duke Cancer center and it took about 2 weeks after the interview to find out about the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty typical. Asking about past experiences and background experiences that related to the roles of the position. Where you see yourself in 5 years and goals was asked.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview only lasted about 20 minutes - very short. We talked about leadership, teamwork, and future goals. It was somewhat casual with some typical interview topics sprinkled in. There were several opportunities to pose questions about the unit, and she was happy to speak about both positive and negatives of the unit.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your pet peeves?   1 Answer

Health Center Administrator/Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knightdale, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Knightdale, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

There is a first for everything and this was a first for me. 1 phone interview and then 5 interviews with a total of 18 people for a HCA/Practice Manager position. You would think I was interviewing for a CEO, CFO, COO, VP position, not a lonely HCA/Practice Manager position. These people do overkill to the max. These people over think everything. I didn't get the position which was a surprise to me because I had more experience and education then 90 percent of the people that interviewed me including the person who would have supervised me. I didn't pay attention to the red flags when I applied for the position so I blame my self for the money and time I lost during the process. The job had been open for almost 6 months and that is a red flag that these people have a hard time making small decisions when it comes to hiring. My experience tell me they micro manage the hell out of you as a employee. Do your research before using up time and money on Duke Health. They had me drive to 3 sites in one day which was over 80 miles of driving for a interview. Durham, Knightdale, Raleigh locations and they knew I had to drive in from out of town just for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How well you get alone with others. Huh, I was a social worker for 7 years, a Practice Manager for 15 years and have been in departments when I had to supervise up to 30 people. Really that's the type of questions you ask me.   4 Answers

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Questions revolved around the job and not around me. Very few personal questions. Whenever i talked about my qualifications they didnt respond. Mostly they just wanted me to ask about the functions of the position i was applying for. It was friendly overall.