Duke University Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke University Health System Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Check in with nurse recruiter. Hour interview with floor nurse manager, a charge nurse, and a preceptor. Regular back and forth discussion of unit and expectations; behavioral questions as forewarned. About another hour shadowing another nurse to get a feel for the floor. Got a tour of the unit and visited with some patients. Assisted lifting and moving but not patient assessment/care.

Interview Questions

• What qualities, both positive and negative, do you see in your current coworkers? e.g. What do you want to emulate or avoid.   Answer Question

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for a different position and my resume was forwarded to hiring manager for a data tech position and I was contacted. I interviewed at the Duke Cancer center and it took about 2 weeks after the interview to find out about the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty typical. Asking about past experiences and background experiences that related to the roles of the position. Where you see yourself in 5 years and goals was asked.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview only lasted about 20 minutes - very short. We talked about leadership, teamwork, and future goals. It was somewhat casual with some typical interview topics sprinkled in. There were several opportunities to pose questions about the unit, and she was happy to speak about both positive and negatives of the unit.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your pet peeves?   1 Answer

Health Center Administrator/Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knightdale, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Knightdale, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

There is a first for everything and this was a first for me. 1 phone interview and then 5 interviews with a total of 18 people for a HCA/Practice Manager position. You would think I was interviewing for a CEO, CFO, COO, VP position, not a lonely HCA/Practice Manager position. These people do overkill to the max. These people over think everything. I didn't get the position which was a surprise to me because I had more experience and education then 90 percent of the people that interviewed me including the person who would have supervised me. I didn't pay attention to the red flags when I applied for the position so I blame my self for the money and time I lost during the process. The job had been open for almost 6 months and that is a red flag that these people have a hard time making small decisions when it comes to hiring. My experience tell me they micro manage the hell out of you as a employee. Do your research before using up time and money on Duke Health. They had me drive to 3 sites in one day which was over 80 miles of driving for a interview. Durham, Knightdale, Raleigh locations and they knew I had to drive in from out of town just for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How well you get alone with others. Huh, I was a social worker for 7 years, a Practice Manager for 15 years and have been in departments when I had to supervise up to 30 people. Really that's the type of questions you ask me.   4 Answers

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Questions revolved around the job and not around me. Very few personal questions. Whenever i talked about my qualifications they didnt respond. Mostly they just wanted me to ask about the functions of the position i was applying for. It was friendly overall.

Molecular Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

It was 14 years ago. Interviewed with 5 of the technical specialists, lab mgr and Director.
    Multiple questions by all and repeated by the different groups
    lab tour. The decision was relatively quick - 2 days later. I started after my contract was up in another lab.

Interview Questions

• How would I transition from a clinical lab tech to a molecular tech   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System.

Interview

Interview was easy and the interviewers were laid back. Met with three different groups of staff of all levels. There was a second interview with a director. There were not any situational questions. They did want to know why I was interested in the position and what drew me to Duke.

Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Online video conference (1 hour) in which they asked basic behavioral questions. There was one graph to analyze and give feedback on. Then an on-site interview and facility tour a few weeks later. Full day very nicely done. Really a great chance to see what the office environment was like.

Health Center Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Typical questions for a practice management: I had the opportunity to meet with the physicians, clinical nurse managers, service access managers. Really great staff and opportunity for advancement.

Physician Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System in October 2015.

Interview

If your application had been selected for an interview, a member of the department’s hiring team contacted you to set up a time.The initial in-person interview was with the Senior Manager responsible for the specific area for the open positions. At the interview the job responsibilities were clearly outlined by the interviewee. If after the initial interview the Senior Manager determined you would be a viable candidate, they would forward your resume and their recommendation on to the department. The department would contact you for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would be your biggest challenge if you were selected for this position?   1 Answer