Duke University Health System Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

2.8

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Applied to an ad for multiple positions with the PDCs, heard back that I was invited to an interview with a recruiter. Interview went well, found out within a day that i had moved on to the next round. Heard from an office that I was invited to interview with them. Interviewed the following week, thought it went very well but was not offered a position, wish they would have emailed at least that they are not considering me for the position instead I had to find out through my job submission status.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

I was applying for a position in the OR. I was invited to their NTTOR (New to the OR) Open House on a Thursday. The open house was 8am-3pm. They gave us an overview of the program, then split us up into 2 groups. About 25 went to shadow some surges, and the other 25 stayed and interviewed with the department of choice. Interviews were one-on-one and lasted about 15-20 minutes each.

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

phone, in person with manager, in person with president, in person with other management team. It included a personality test and a group presentation first. The initial interview was with all of the applicants at the same time and three hiring managers and we were asked to do a presentation.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied and interviewed for a position with Duke Network Services. Talked and met with Human Resources representatives and hiring manager several times, then they abruptly cut off contact and, despite my directly asking if I was still under consideration for the role, they declined to answer. I felt like I had been led on and my time had been wasted.

RN, Bsn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 different nurses. The first asked me 2 behavorial type interview questions and the second one, describe the job function. Overall I felt very at ease and was pleased with how the interview went.,

Lab Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online via an industry job board and was called for an interview a week later. It's been two months since and still have't received an offer or not.

CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Very condescending managers. Talked down to me as if I didn't know how to do the job. One manager was an assistant when I was a Senior lead a few years ago, acted like she knew more. I belive it to be personal because I left on maternity leave and didn't return.

Interview Questions

• How to do everything little thing. Asked if I wo uld travel 100%.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

I was informed of the opening by a friend and put in touch with the departmental director who is an acquaintance of that friend.
    I submitted an application online.
    I was interviewed by the department manager and a departmental supervisor.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your ability to deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Clinical Nurse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview took place in four phases, each lasting approximately one hour. For the first round, I interviewed with the current managers of the department for which I was applying. The second round consisted of 4 other employees with the same job title and description as me. Of course, this was the more relaxed yet most important phase, as they are experts in their fields and would be able to provide very valuable feedback at the completion of the interview process. The third phase included the two directors that I would be working alongside. Lastly, I met with the ACNO.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for employment here, rather than staying where you are?   1 Answer

Nurse Manager of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed by phone initially. I came to Durham and meet with the VP of Nursing , Director, Nurses Managers, and staff. I was then called back to interview with other upper management and physicians. This went over a 3 to 4 weeks of time. It was long and drawn out. It would have been nice to complete in 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want the position?   1 Answer