Duke University Health System Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.8

CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Very condescending managers. Talked down to me as if I didn't know how to do the job. One manager was an assistant when I was a Senior lead a few years ago, acted like she knew more. I belive it to be personal because I left on maternity leave and didn't return.

Interview Questions

• How to do everything little thing. Asked if I wo uld travel 100%.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

I was informed of the opening by a friend and put in touch with the departmental director who is an acquaintance of that friend.
    I submitted an application online.
    I was interviewed by the department manager and a departmental supervisor.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your ability to deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for a different position and my resume was forwarded to hiring manager for a data tech position and I was contacted. I interviewed at the Duke Cancer center and it took about 2 weeks after the interview to find out about the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty typical. Asking about past experiences and background experiences that related to the roles of the position. Where you see yourself in 5 years and goals was asked.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview only lasted about 20 minutes - very short. We talked about leadership, teamwork, and future goals. It was somewhat casual with some typical interview topics sprinkled in. There were several opportunities to pose questions about the unit, and she was happy to speak about both positive and negatives of the unit.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your pet peeves?   1 Answer

Health Center Administrator/Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knightdale, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Knightdale, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

There is a first for everything and this was a first for me. 1 phone interview and then 5 interviews with a total of 18 people for a HCA/Practice Manager position. You would think I was interviewing for a CEO, CFO, COO, VP position, not a lonely HCA/Practice Manager position. These people do overkill to the max. These people over think everything. I didn't get the position which was a surprise to me because I had more experience and education then 90 percent of the people that interviewed me including the person who would have supervised me. I didn't pay attention to the red flags when I applied for the position so I blame my self for the money and time I lost during the process. The job had been open for almost 6 months and that is a red flag that these people have a hard time making small decisions when it comes to hiring. My experience tell me they micro manage the hell out of you as a employee. Do your research before using up time and money on Duke Health. They had me drive to 3 sites in one day which was over 80 miles of driving for a interview. Durham, Knightdale, Raleigh locations and they knew I had to drive in from out of town just for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How well you get alone with others. Huh, I was a social worker for 7 years, a Practice Manager for 15 years and have been in departments when I had to supervise up to 30 people. Really that's the type of questions you ask me.   4 Answers

Molecular Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC).

Interview

It was 14 years ago. Interviewed with 5 of the technical specialists, lab mgr and Director.
    Multiple questions by all and repeated by the different groups
    lab tour. The decision was relatively quick - 2 days later. I started after my contract was up in another lab.

Interview Questions

• How would I transition from a clinical lab tech to a molecular tech   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Online video conference (1 hour) in which they asked basic behavioral questions. There was one graph to analyze and give feedback on. Then an on-site interview and facility tour a few weeks later. Full day very nicely done. Really a great chance to see what the office environment was like.

Health Center Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Typical questions for a practice management: I had the opportunity to meet with the physicians, clinical nurse managers, service access managers. Really great staff and opportunity for advancement.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

give a talk to the lab, meet with everybody, ask about:
    • "how do you deal with a difficult stakeholder?" and "how do you influence them to adopt change?"
    • preferred working environment, management structure and style, how I fit into a group
    • tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news,"
    • "tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like,"

Interview Questions

• mainly previous expeirence, good questions on scientific project, what is interested project   Answer Question

Patient Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University Health System (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by Team lead and a supervisor. Position was explained and then questions were asked. The ladies were very pleasant and made me feel comfortable..I was asked if I had any questions. Some behavioral questions asked as well as skills questions.. The supervisor was big on teamwork..Good customer service is a must..

Interview Questions

• What is my definition of teamwork?   1 Answer
    • Would I have an issue asking a patient to pay money on their account?   1 Answer