Duke University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.5

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Group Q&A, presentation, case study, meeting with Dean, meeting with assistant dean. You meet with the hiring manager at the beginning, provide basic info about yourself, give a 30 minute presentation on a topic of your choosing in front of admissions team, take part in case study in front of team, meet with dean of admissions, meet with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you reconcile a student you like personally, but isn't academically rigorous?   1 Answer

Staff Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was automatically notified it was now with the manager 9 days later, phone interview less than a week later, asked to come in person another week later. Interviewed in person and met at least 10 different staff members from different areas. I spent over 4 hours on campus. I wish I was told it would take up my whole day. Ended up having to pay for my own parking and since it was during lunch time, I was really hungry halfway through the day. 20+ days later, I was emailed that I did not get the position.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

30 minute initial screening with many of the faculty members in the department. started with basic questions about you and your research. then, harder follow-up questions related to your research. finally, some shorter questions related to teaching and intended research contribution/specialization moving forward. more than other groups that i interviewed with this group seemed to focus on personality fit and overall future research agenda heavily as compared to groups that were primarily interested in current experience.

Interview Questions

in the end preferred a different location, although i found the south to have many charms

Student Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

phone interview, then brought to campus. given a tour and met a lot of people. Really its just a meet and great to make sure you're not crazy and are a decent person

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duke University.

Interview

The interview process involved meeting with a variety of directors and administrators over the course of two days and included a presentation to a large group as well as breakfast, lunch, and dinner groups. Each meeting was peppered with questions regarding real and hypothetical situations, gathering feedback on how I would respond to each situation were I to be in the position. Interviewers took copious notes during my interview, and it turns out, an internal candidate who was in the interview process had already secured the position. I gave two days of free consultation to tell this person how to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around student situations, surveys, and general dealings within the university.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in March 2009.

Interview

interview was professional and cordial. Interviewed with three different faculty members and several graduate students. Duke paid for a nice meal as part of my visit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for a doctoral program

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

It is like any other university with SOPs, GRE, Recommendations.etc

Senior Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Pretty extensive process - phone interview, then in person with a panel, then another in person with a different panel. They asked good questions and it was a fun conversation throughout. Not intimidating really, but certainly in depth.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment on your resume are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site. Met with a total of 8 people from the department. The environment was very welcoming. Interview lasted 4 hours. Had dinner with the boss afterward. Overall, very pleased with the experience and the organization.

APPOINTMENT CLERK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a breeze, loved every bit , i was very nervous because I interviewed with more than one person.. duke is a big company and many many employers