Duke University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.5

Senior Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Pretty extensive process - phone interview, then in person with a panel, then another in person with a different panel. They asked good questions and it was a fun conversation throughout. Not intimidating really, but certainly in depth.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment on your resume are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I only had one round. I had a skype interview with the on site director and they were all very professional. It was a good experience. Heard back a few weeks later and it was all very streamlined. The overall experience of the interview was very good and I had a great time talking to the people.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site. Met with a total of 8 people from the department. The environment was very welcoming. Interview lasted 4 hours. Had dinner with the boss afterward. Overall, very pleased with the experience and the organization.

APPOINTMENT CLERK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a breeze, loved every bit , i was very nervous because I interviewed with more than one person.. duke is a big company and many many employers

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I already knew the employer, and received an email over the summer about interviewing for the position. I met with two members of the Duke Arts faculty and was asked about my experience on campus, why I've gotten involved in the arts, and why I was interested in the position. Very typical questions, nothing out of the ordinary and no difficult questions.

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer who was also the hiring manager was pretty stiff and cold, read directly from the script, no warmth. I don't think she even really knew enough about the job I was interviewing for. She seemed pleasant enough, but I definitely wasn't sold on working there.

Interview Questions

• She immediately got to the salary question of what my minimum requirement was and then wanted to know my salary history. I always find this off putting. Wouldn't you want to ask me questions regarding my capabilities for the job as well as inform me of the designated salary range and then ask me if I'm still interested after hearing what the range is?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Very easy, no behavioral type interview questions, interviewed with 2 people. I was screened by a nurse recruiter first, then interviewed in person and was offered the job on the spot.

Imaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University in March 2016.

Interview

Cordial and professional. Met with the hiring manager who is the department assistant director and an operations specialist. The director was not available but escorted me to meet the head of the division.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC).

Interview

It involved submitting a cover letter and resume, then I was invited in for an interview. The interview involved speaking with the two directors of the center and then two employees that work there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Two intervies, one from the chair and another from the a faculty member of related field. Had been on waitlist for really long but finally got the offer five days prior to deadline.

Interview Questions

• Really cannot expect. That is too long ago. Just very basic interview questions.   Answer Question