Duke University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

153 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I already knew the employer, and received an email over the summer about interviewing for the position. I met with two members of the Duke Arts faculty and was asked about my experience on campus, why I've gotten involved in the arts, and why I was interested in the position. Very typical questions, nothing out of the ordinary and no difficult questions.

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer who was also the hiring manager was pretty stiff and cold, read directly from the script, no warmth. I don't think she even really knew enough about the job I was interviewing for. She seemed pleasant enough, but I definitely wasn't sold on working there.

Interview Questions

• She immediately got to the salary question of what my minimum requirement was and then wanted to know my salary history. I always find this off putting. Wouldn't you want to ask me questions regarding my capabilities for the job as well as inform me of the designated salary range and then ask me if I'm still interested after hearing what the range is?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Very easy, no behavioral type interview questions, interviewed with 2 people. I was screened by a nurse recruiter first, then interviewed in person and was offered the job on the spot.

Imaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University in March 2016.

Interview

Cordial and professional. Met with the hiring manager who is the department assistant director and an operations specialist. The director was not available but escorted me to meet the head of the division.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC).

Interview

It involved submitting a cover letter and resume, then I was invited in for an interview. The interview involved speaking with the two directors of the center and then two employees that work there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Two intervies, one from the chair and another from the a faculty member of related field. Had been on waitlist for really long but finally got the offer five days prior to deadline.

Interview Questions

• Really cannot expect. That is too long ago. Just very basic interview questions.   Answer Question

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I was sent a questionnaire from a department lead. It gave me a list of possible classes to TA. I submitted essays for each class. I also met with instructor to let them know I had an interest in working for the class.

Staff Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

45 minutes of boilerplate interview questions. It was an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. One on one with supervisor. Later on there was a casual 20-30 minute meeting with two senior management staff.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses? How do you handle stress? What skills are germane to this position?   Answer Question

Online Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a skype phone call with members of the administration and hiring team, during which time they asked standard interview questions as well as asking about specific scenarios likely to be encountered while on the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to motivate uninterested/unengaged learners?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy and straight forward especially due to the employee referral. I would recommend that people apply to Duke for the benefits and ease of the process.