Duke University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

145 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was conducted by the professor whom I am working with right now. Overall, the process was nice and smooth. Most the questions I was asked during the interview process were behavior questions. And also, I gave a presentation in front of all the group members of the group I was applying for. They were all friendly and asked some technical questions about my previous research projects.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous research experience?
      How can you contributed to our research group?
      What is your strength and weakness in terms of research?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

1. introduce my research experience. 2. Why you are interested in computer hardware. 3. What do you want to do in the future? 4. What course project have you done?

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Very brief and to the point. The hiring manager was very nice and straight forward. I think he makes a very good manager. I feel very confident just waiting to hear from the recruiter. I was told it would take at least two weeks to receive a job offer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The only interview question was "can you use Microsoft office system or not. There was nothing technical or behavioral. Nothing unexpected. The Professor's assistant was quite friendly and supportive. No one on one interview. The process was quick and straightforward. Wish interviewers are all like this.

Academic Tutor Interview

Interview

It was fairly easy; typical interview questions about why you want to tutor, as well as miscellaneous behavioral questions about your personality and techniques for helping other people. The process took longer than expected, considering that tutors are always in need, but all the interview questions just seemed to be a formality.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a tutor?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

It was over the phone. Very easy. I talked to Julia from the Remittances, Migration, and Development program. It was very straightforward. Julia was also very eager to answer my questions, and she was very kind. It was mainly an interview about my interests, and why I wanted to work there.

Technology Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University.

Interview

Asked normal questions about experience in customer service and IT. The interview takes place in their office and two people interview you. Very informal and not stressful. Once I finished the interview and applied online, they sent me an email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Summer Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC).

Interview

Interview was very casual with the Professor in question, but may vary group to group. The entire length was less than an hour. There were no technical questions other than follow up questions to things that I said about past research experience. Made sure that I was available full time and willing to complete some "grunt" work type tasks in addition to academic research.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about my research experience in physics/biomedical engineering, undergraduate coursework, and career goals.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC).

Interview

in writing, by telephone and in person with program director who was very pleasant and provided a lot of information on the program, its history and present status. discussed department setup and resources available for utilization by instructor and students. very comfortable atmosphere at lunch during discussion. no questions that were unrelated to program and university needs. provided references who were all contacted. process was very comprehensive, transparent, fair

Interview Questions

• interview questions all were relating to specific subject matter for the position; knowledge base, any past direct experience, differences and similarities in position offered and prior positions, resources available to instructor and students were explained, got a good understanding of particular program and expectations, what might be flexible and what wasn't   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Only applicable to students- hire from within undergrad community and within majors. Definitely becomes easier to get a job as you get older. Research positions are not hard to get but often require a connection.