Duke University Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.5

Building Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC).

Interview

Put in a application on December 19, 2016. Application was forwarded to hiring manager. Received a phone call on January 11, 2017 to do a phone interview no email sent before hand to tell me I was going to be interviewed. After the interview waited two weeks and followed up with hiring manager, hiring manager had been on vacation. Told me he would follow up with me, a week later February 8, 2017 checked the status and was no longer under consideration. Complete waste of my time.

Staff Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was automatically notified it was now with the manager 9 days later, phone interview less than a week later, asked to come in person another week later. Interviewed in person and met at least 10 different staff members from different areas. I spent over 4 hours on campus. I wish I was told it would take up my whole day. Ended up having to pay for my own parking and since it was during lunch time, I was really hungry halfway through the day. 20+ days later, I was emailed that I did not get the position.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. It seemed like more of a backwards interview, where they were trying to convince you to come to duke more-so than figuring out whether or not you should be there. This was an interview in the ECE department, so I'm not sure if every other department works the same way.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

1. introduce my research experience. 2. Why you are interested in computer hardware. 3. What do you want to do in the future? 4. What course project have you done?

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Very brief and to the point. The hiring manager was very nice and straight forward. I think he makes a very good manager. I feel very confident just waiting to hear from the recruiter. I was told it would take at least two weeks to receive a job offer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The only interview question was "can you use Microsoft office system or not. There was nothing technical or behavioral. Nothing unexpected. The Professor's assistant was quite friendly and supportive. No one on one interview. The process was quick and straightforward. Wish interviewers are all like this.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

It was over the phone. Very easy. I talked to Julia from the Remittances, Migration, and Development program. It was very straightforward. Julia was also very eager to answer my questions, and she was very kind. It was mainly an interview about my interests, and why I wanted to work there.

Summer Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC).

Interview

Interview was very casual with the Professor in question, but may vary group to group. The entire length was less than an hour. There were no technical questions other than follow up questions to things that I said about past research experience. Made sure that I was available full time and willing to complete some "grunt" work type tasks in addition to academic research.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about my research experience in physics/biomedical engineering, undergraduate coursework, and career goals.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC).

Interview

in writing, by telephone and in person with program director who was very pleasant and provided a lot of information on the program, its history and present status. discussed department setup and resources available for utilization by instructor and students. very comfortable atmosphere at lunch during discussion. no questions that were unrelated to program and university needs. provided references who were all contacted. process was very comprehensive, transparent, fair

Interview Questions

• interview questions all were relating to specific subject matter for the position; knowledge base, any past direct experience, differences and similarities in position offered and prior positions, resources available to instructor and students were explained, got a good understanding of particular program and expectations, what might be flexible and what wasn't   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

No interview. The requirement is to get high credit on the course and apply for the position. Sometimes they need you to pass some simple test as well, but not always.