Duke University Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke University Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

It was nice! The people were really friendly, and gave me a sense for what the position would be like and what would be expected of me. Look here if you want to have a rewarding experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute in this role?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Duke University

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The only interview question was "can you use Microsoft office system or not. There was nothing technical or behavioral. Nothing unexpected. The Professor's assistant was quite friendly and supportive. No one on one interview. The process was quick and straightforward. Wish interviewers are all like this.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was two fold. I had to first interview directly with the person I would be doing research with. He asked me many questions specific to the cases that I would be working on. He then gave me an evaluation task that included an assessment of the theory he was working on and a search of relevant material. Only after I passed the evaluation task was I offered a job.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I walked into the PI's lab and he pretty much just asked me about my prior lab experiences and what I expected to gain by working in his lab. He told me about his research and a few of the projects that his lab was working on etc. Honestly he was really easy going.

Interview Questions

• What effect does an amino acid alteration have on a protein?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Professor asked my willingness in the email. After about one week, I met him and had some conversation after his class. I also heard other candidate to have discussion with him in his office

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University.

Interview

I interviewed with multiple professors. Most professors were interested in asking me about my background. Then they each spoke about their ongoing and proposed research. I asked several questions showing interest and hopefully understanding.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University.

Interview

Everything is decided by the PI, not the committee because of the culture. First will be contacting the PI with emails, after you will have a personal meeting with the PI. If the background matches, you will get the oral admission in the same day. The official admission will arrive in a couple of months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

It is like any other university with SOPs, GRE, Recommendations.etc

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in April 2010.

Interview

There is no interview as such. One needs to apply to the Graduate School with GRE and TOEFL/IELTS scores. The admission depends upon the academic background, relevant skills and prior research experience. Luck play a role here as well. The professor should have a vacancy in his/her group and availability of funds is crucial!

Interview Questions

• I am not working in that area anymore, would you still like to work with me?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University in June 2008.

Interview

The principal investigator asked extensively about about my research interest and educational background, toured around the lab and explained the ongoing projects in mind for the coming year