Duke University Teaching Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duke University Teaching Assistant Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

I was assigned a professor to work with. There was not a formal job interview. I was in a program and part of the process was to do two semesters of Teaching assistance work

Interview Questions

• What Experience i had in the field   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Duke University

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview lasted around 45 minutes, it was semi-informal, and more about personal traits and ideas for the role than experience. This is generally the tone for student interviews for this role however I think it varies largely on the professor employing. Some may even elect to have their current assistants interview new recruits.

Interview Questions

• What do you think might be beneficial for the students in terms of hands on application of the material?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much room to negotiate. The compensation is a standard rate university wide and the interviewer couldn't directly influence this. What was negotiable was the allocation of grading.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Talked to a professor and asked for TA, since I got a great grade in his class, he recommended me to another professor to be the TA. The hiring process took a month and a half, which is ridiculous. But after that I can fill in online timecard which is very convenient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Process was very formal and e-mail based. I learn of about the job through email. Employer requested references and we exchanged several emails before the interview. There was only one interview. Advice I would give is to think about how the job relates to your past and your future plans.