Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.9

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by onsite the following week. Consisted of a pleasant discussion with various team members about past projects etc. It appeared to be going well. But afterwards there was interrogation that required me to write copious amounts of SQL on a whiteboard. No one does this in real life and is an unrealistic way to evaluate an experienced candidate. These really weren't "hard" problems but it's difficult to perform in this scenario.

Afterwards, they went completely dark, no feedback. Nada.

Interview Questions

• Fairly simple related SQL questions involving joins, queries, etc.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a good conversation with the recruiter on the phone but when I came in for the interview it was painful. They looked down their nose at me the whole time; one guy was outright snotty with me over the fact that I was looking for a new job while still working at my current place. The other questions revolved around stumping me over the stuff that I said upfront that I didn't have experience with, and some were just kind of odd and threw me off because I didn't know what he was fishing for.

It's never fun to have a bad interview, but I really came away thinking I'd hate to have these people as coworkers. I usually interview really well, too, and ended up with a couple of offers from other places, but I just got a bad vibe off them and would have been hesitant to accept if I did get an offer through some miracle. The entire thing was awkward and uncomfortable. I've never had an interview where the people showed obvious disdain for me before; it was like they decided they hated me before I even set foot in the place. It's was for the software part of their business, and I think they're trying to give the impression of having a culture like a modern tech company, but the atmosphere was like how I imagine IBM in 1983. Definitely not what I'm looking for in a software company.

Interview Questions

• What's interesting about an API? (Phrased exactly like that.)   1 Answer

Mac Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview went very well. I met with the technology operations manager and the senior analyst as well the recruiter. I liked the interview and was contacted a week later to have phone meeting with IT director in UK, however Short Hills office had difficulty arranging due to upcoming labor day holiday. I was told my recruiter would be making decision by Sept. 6.
    Overall a very positive interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background and several technical scenarios.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a HR person contacted me for the initial phone screening, just to get a brief understanding of my work experience. In a couple of days, I had a phone interview with the Project Manager and the questions were a little more specific to the various activities I performed as a Business Analyst and the applications I used in my work. In a week's time, I had a face to face interview in the Austin Office. There was a little confusion with the timing and HR person who was supposed to meet me wasn't available. So, the Project Manager came and escorted me to the cabin. I had 3 rounds of interviews. First with the Project Manager and a Scrum Master, second with the Development Lead and the third with the Technology Head. Interviews were not too hard. Questions specific to Business Analyst activities and Agile methodologies. They asked why I want to work for D&B, so be prepared with learning a little bit about the company. They said I will hear back in a week's time but I didn't hear back. I followed up on email after a week and then left a voice message to the HR after another couple of days. No response. They were quite interactive all through the process, so it was disappointing not to hear back in the end.

Interview Questions

• What does D&B do and why do I want to work for D&B?   Answer Question
    • Specific questions on Business Analyst activities and Agile Methodologies.   Answer Question

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Oct 25, 2017 – Global Head Of Talent

Thank you for this feedback. We take the experience of our candidates during their interview process very seriously, so I was disappointed to learn that you did not hear back from us after your last... More

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Waltham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. After filling out an online form, I had a phone screening with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the team lead for the CSRs. After this the recruiter followed up with me and invited me to an in-person interview in their office.
    The in-person interview was long. I spoke to four different people, all of whom were connected to the CSR role to some degree. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and I finished my interview with a follow up with the recruiter. I asked when I would expect to hear a decision and was told in one week.
    It's been about three weeks since then and I have yet to hear anything from the team. I was eager to hear about their decision but ultimately chose to accept another offer while I was waiting. This was a little disappointing considering how communicative they had been during the application and interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example of a time you went above and beyond to help a client out; Do you know how to use pivot tables; What's a challenging situation you've been in and how did you deal with it; etc.   Answer Question

Credit and Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the internship and got a response later in the week to come into the office for an interview. I did not get to the second round of interviews

Interview Questions

• How many high school girls soccer players are there in the US?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I liked Dun & Bradstreets interview style. First you take a few little tests online. Then you are invited to a reception where managers mingle amongst you and 20+ others also interviewing. During the reception a manager will call your name for one to one traditional interview.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a time when I disagreed with my superior.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

The process was two phone interviews and a face to face interview. The first phone interview I had was great. The individual I spoke to was passionate about her job and the team as a whole, asked great questions, and our conversation was effortless. I was really excited to move onto the next round. Then, the next person I spoke to was very short with all of her questions and honestly pretty rude. It was like speaking to a robot. I was told that I would receive feedback by the end of that week and heard nothing. I reached out to them and was told that they would follow up by the end of the following week regardless of whether or not they want to bring me in for a face to face interview. I never heard back, but quite honestly, I wouldn't want to work under that second interviewer based off of that phone conversation. Pretty ironic given that the main thing I spoke to the first interviewer was about creating a positive candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you define a "positive candidate experience"?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet in January 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were oppressively arrogant, yet sweaty and desperate. Stubbornly formal, yet unprofessional. It was one of the most uncomfortable interviews I've ever experienced.

- The order of interview panels was different from what I was told to expect
    - Key interviewers were absent
    - More than once, an interviewer was signaled from outside the room, and they abruptly left. After a few minutes they came back and said it was an emergency they had to attend to
    - The technical interviewers asked me to code certain algorithms from memory (which is ridiculous if you've been out of college for a little while)
    - The technical interviewers' goal was to prove (a) that they already knew everything that I know, and (b) that they were smarter than me
    - Nobody showed any passion
    - Nobody showed any interest in discovering my strengths
    - Each one of them formed an opinion about me in the first 15 seconds, and treated the rest of the time as a formality

You are not going to hire anyone worth hiring if you keep up that attitude.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Waltham, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I first spoke to a rep from Michigan who was covering for the Waltham, MA hr person. He told me that they already filled the role I applied for, but he wanted to interview anyways. I spoke to him, and three people i'd be working under in Waltham on the phone over the course of two weeks. Finally, the invited me up for an in person interview. I live out of state, but have means/intention of moving into the area, something that had been discussed at every phone interview. Interview process was pretty straight forward, 4 half hour meetings with various department leads. All were very courteous and nice, seemed to enjoy what they did. All pretty much asked the same type of questions, simple background stuff, went through the training process, etc. Ultimately I was not offered the job, which i'm fine with, but the process was very involved to say the least, and all i was given was a standard generic rejection email. After four phone calls, two 5 hour drives and a two hour interview, that was it. Very unprofessional. I had emailed the department head i met with after my interview to thank them for their time. Once i received the generic rejection email, I emailed another department head thanking them for their time and that even though i did not receive the position, it was a positive experience and to keep me in mind for future reference, and if they had any feedback they could give back to me. No one responded. Very poor HR person at that branch. I've had two managerial positions, and neither were the first job I've applied for, so I've been rejected before. But i've never had such an involved process end with a generic email and no follow up. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a disagreement with someone higher up than you, and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Oct 14, 2016 – Global Head Of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. I am really disappointed to hear that you had this experience, as we’ve been working hard on communicating with our candidates in a way... More