Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.8

Credit and Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Bethlehem, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the internship and got a response later in the week to come into the office for an interview. I did not get to the second round of interviews

Interview Questions

• How many high school girls soccer players are there in the US?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I liked Dun & Bradstreets interview style. First you take a few little tests online. Then you are invited to a reception where managers mingle amongst you and 20+ others also interviewing. During the reception a manager will call your name for one to one traditional interview.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a time when I disagreed with my superior.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

The process was two phone interviews and a face to face interview. The first phone interview I had was great. The individual I spoke to was passionate about her job and the team as a whole, asked great questions, and our conversation was effortless. I was really excited to move onto the next round. Then, the next person I spoke to was very short with all of her questions and honestly pretty rude. It was like speaking to a robot. I was told that I would receive feedback by the end of that week and heard nothing. I reached out to them and was told that they would follow up by the end of the following week regardless of whether or not they want to bring me in for a face to face interview. I never heard back, but quite honestly, I wouldn't want to work under that second interviewer based off of that phone conversation. Pretty ironic given that the main thing I spoke to the first interviewer was about creating a positive candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you define a "positive candidate experience"?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet in January 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were oppressively arrogant, yet sweaty and desperate. Stubbornly formal, yet unprofessional. It was one of the most uncomfortable interviews I've ever experienced.

- The order of interview panels was different from what I was told to expect
    - Key interviewers were absent
    - More than once, an interviewer was signaled from outside the room, and they abruptly left. After a few minutes they came back and said it was an emergency they had to attend to
    - The technical interviewers asked me to code certain algorithms from memory (which is ridiculous if you've been out of college for a little while)
    - The technical interviewers' goal was to prove (a) that they already knew everything that I know, and (b) that they were smarter than me
    - Nobody showed any passion
    - Nobody showed any interest in discovering my strengths
    - Each one of them formed an opinion about me in the first 15 seconds, and treated the rest of the time as a formality

You are not going to hire anyone worth hiring if you keep up that attitude.

Dataworks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Malibu, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I got a call through the career fair at USC. The first round was a phone interview, it lasted for 35-40 minutes. Basic SQL queries(they just see how you approach things). The second round was a face to face interview at DnB office in Malibu. It was with 4 interviewers separately including the Director of Data. The interview was basically a resume walkthrough and SQL queries and little technical work mentioned on the resume. It was a good experience as all of them were really polite and made me feel comfortable. They look at how you approach things.

Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (New York, NY).

Interview

Just a phone call from hiring manager and then next day she asked if I could go to the office.I replied saying yes and then another 1:1. All small talk, pretty simple. Interviewer seemed sweet and friendly and me feel comfortable throughout. Asked if I volunteered anywhere and how I prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the three main values of D&B and how did you reflect upon those values   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Waltham, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I first spoke to a rep from Michigan who was covering for the Waltham, MA hr person. He told me that they already filled the role I applied for, but he wanted to interview anyways. I spoke to him, and three people i'd be working under in Waltham on the phone over the course of two weeks. Finally, the invited me up for an in person interview. I live out of state, but have means/intention of moving into the area, something that had been discussed at every phone interview. Interview process was pretty straight forward, 4 half hour meetings with various department leads. All were very courteous and nice, seemed to enjoy what they did. All pretty much asked the same type of questions, simple background stuff, went through the training process, etc. Ultimately I was not offered the job, which i'm fine with, but the process was very involved to say the least, and all i was given was a standard generic rejection email. After four phone calls, two 5 hour drives and a two hour interview, that was it. Very unprofessional. I had emailed the department head i met with after my interview to thank them for their time. Once i received the generic rejection email, I emailed another department head thanking them for their time and that even though i did not receive the position, it was a positive experience and to keep me in mind for future reference, and if they had any feedback they could give back to me. No one responded. Very poor HR person at that branch. I've had two managerial positions, and neither were the first job I've applied for, so I've been rejected before. But i've never had such an involved process end with a generic email and no follow up. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a disagreement with someone higher up than you, and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Oct 14, 2016 – Global Head Of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. I am really disappointed to hear that you had this experience, as we’ve been working hard on communicating with our candidates in a way ... More

IT Compliance Program Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet in September 2016.

Interview

Disappointing experience. Applied on LinkedIn and got a call from an internal recruiter the next day. Was scheduled for two phone interviews for the next week. One interviewer called as scheduled and the other did not. The second interviewer did not respond to an InMail message expressing regret we didn't connect and trying to reschedule.

This was about six weeks ago. I have heard NOTHING from anyone from D&B, This is despite repeated emails and phone calls to the recruiter asking for status. I've given up and am assuming I'm out of the running.

Close the loop! All it takes is a phone call or an email. I expected better.

Interview Questions

• Typical resume questions for screening from both recruiter and the one manager I spoke to.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was detailed, schedule was somewhat impacted due to late arrivals. I was first interviewed by the head of the group. She was quite articulate. But when i asked questions, she kept saying my team can answer that - she spoke at me, not with me. Next, there were 2 sales executives. Great people, but late to the interview. They were clearly very passionate about D&B and their job and very happy with the contract they just signed. They did share conditions of the employment required co location with the client each week. The actual team was collaborative and appeared very sharp. They were not aware of the contract conditions. They seemed to be a very close group of 4 men and they complimented each other's skills. I think they would have been an excellent team to work with. .

Interview Questions

• Typical questions of what skills you can bring to the team. Specific questions around what artifacts have been used. Describe detailed experience with agile.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Tucson, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a hiring event that I attended, so they had many people to interview. However I still got in and out pretty quick, I was there about 2 1/2 hours, and I had 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you would do in this fast paced environment?   Answer Question