Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

187 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with supervisor followed by full-day in person interview with 6 employees and presenting a presentation. Most of the weight of the interview is based on the presentation so make sure you have something to present that is relevant to the job you are applying for. While working here I notice that they often have open position but have a hard time finding candidates that fit the qualifications and present well.

Interview Questions

• Present a presentation of a project you have worked on.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Very good and friendly interview. Highly technical and full of advanced Hadoop and SAS questions. HR was very good and gave the JD perfectly. Very nice experience. The team had a long and grilling interview on the latest technology. No commercial questions at all. very knowledgeable architects took interview

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied on a Sunday, Received an email Wednesday requesting a phone interview. We scheduled the call for Friday afternoon. Late Friday morning, the recruiter sent me an email postponing the call for over a week and then emailed me a request to participate in an online interview using HireVue to be conducted over that weekend. I recorded my answers to 8 canned questions using my laptop with no opportunity to interact with anyone at D&B. Minutes before the phone interview was to begin, I received another email alerting me that the call was being cancelled. No reason given other than the stock "pursuing other candidates" verbiage. Very unprofessional considering that this was a high-level position.

Interview Questions

• None of the 8 canned questions was difficult in itself, but having 30 seconds to read each one off the computer screen and then answering it via webcam in 3 minutes or less was atrocious.   1 Answer

Data & Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Chennai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

The First round Involves about your Communication Skills which was a great session talking to the HR of the Company and the Second Round was the technical Round where some questions were thrown at you from your background which unfortunately I couldn't get through as I stumbled upon 1 or 2 questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a Financial Statement ?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I liked Dun & Bradstreets interview style. First you take a few little tests online. Then you are invited to a reception where managers mingle amongst you and 20+ others also interviewing. During the reception a manager will call your name for one to one traditional interview.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a time when I disagreed with my superior.   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Behavioral questions were the predominant question type. There were interviews with approximately eight different senior executives. Initial screening conducted by recruiter to identify short list to move into live interviews. Interview questions focused on assessing vision and approach for first 30 to 90 days.

Interview Questions

• Asked about innovative initiatives and strategy for transformation.   Answer Question

Recruiter, Dublin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process involved a telephone interview with hiring recruiter 30 mins, a face to face interview with HR Manager & hiring recruiter approximately 1.5 hours. Two more telephone interviews with Global Staffing Leader and HR Director Europe, 45 minutes each. From initial application to final feedback entire process took over 6 weeks. After all those interviews all I got by way of feedback was a generic email to regret me. Im very disappointed with such a bad candidate experience. Hopefully, whoever gets the job will work on that.

Interview Questions

• The interviews involved competency based questions. Some of the questions: Tell me about a time when you had to implement a corporate change that met with resistance and how you managed that?
      Tell me about a time when you implemented a new process that met with resistance and how you managed that? What size network do you have???   1 Answer

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process began, through a recruiter, in February. But DnB was not really close to making any decisions about interviews. A good freelance project came along and I took it, but kept the DnB conversation going. Interviewed for the first time (by phone) in May, then had another phone interview (different person) in June. Had an on-site interview in July -- an outstanding two-hour conversation with the would-be supervisor. Thought an offer was in the making. Had third and fourth phone interviews with two new people in early September. Then waiting, and waiting. Was told an October strategy meeting would produce a decision. Nope. Waited, waited. Finally, in November, main company contact told me that the strategy meeting produced a reorganization. Hiring on hold. Still wanted the job. Really liked all the people. Recruiter told me to wait until end of first quarter in new year. First quarter comes and goes. DnB personnel change. Job never re-posted. All for naught.

Interview Questions

• Name something you worked on that went wrong and describe how you fixed it.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was initially asked to complete a phone pre-screen with human resources. Upon completion, I interviewed in person with the hiring manager which included a mock phone call and a description of work history. After, I performed another mock call with the Director of Sales

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Got interview through university- really liked what D&B was about so I was excited. I was interviewed by two people from HR who were super friendly. Be prepared for a lot of behavioral questions- I was completely thrown off guard. Said they would be in touch after, but fell off the face of the earth for 3 months and I was left hanging. A bit unprofessional I think. But besides that, was OK.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled conflict?
      What do you know about the company?
      Tell us something fun about yourself!
      Where else are you interviewing?   Answer Question