Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

2.8

Technology Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a very brief and relaxing interview, the project manager was very nice and polite and she asked me some information on my resume and also asked me if i know sth about the company.

Credit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Tucson, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Everybody shows up at the same time. We're called in one at a time, interviewed then asked to stay or leave. If you are asked to stay you are interviewed again. It takes hours.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a HR person contacted me for the initial phone screening, just to get a brief understanding of my work experience. In a couple of days, I had a phone interview with the Project Manager and the questions were a little more specific to the various activities I performed as a Business Analyst and the applications I used in my work. In a week's time, I had a face to face interview in the Austin Office. There was a little confusion with the timing and HR person who was supposed to meet me wasn't available. So, the Project Manager came and escorted me to the cabin. I had 3 rounds of interviews. First with the Project Manager and a Scrum Master, second with the Development Lead and the third with the Technology Head. Interviews were not too hard. Questions specific to Business Analyst activities and Agile methodologies. They asked why I want to work for D&B, so be prepared with learning a little bit about the company. They said I will hear back in a week's time but I didn't hear back. I followed up on email after a week and then left a voice message to the HR after another couple of days. No response. They were quite interactive all through the process, so it was disappointing not to hear back in the end.

Interview Questions

• What does D&B do and why do I want to work for D&B?   Answer Question
    • Specific questions on Business Analyst activities and Agile Methodologies.   Answer Question

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Oct 25, 2017 – Global Head Of Talent

Thank you for this feedback. We take the experience of our candidates during their interview process very seriously, so I was disappointed to learn that you did not hear back from us after your last... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a good conversation with the recruiter on the phone but when I came in for the interview it was painful. They looked down their nose at me the whole time; one guy was outright snotty with me over the fact that I was looking for a new job while still working at my current place. The other questions revolved around stumping me over the stuff that I said upfront that I didn't have experience with, and some were just kind of odd and threw me off because I didn't know what he was fishing for.

It's never fun to have a bad interview, but I really came away thinking I'd hate to have these people as coworkers. I usually interview really well, too, and ended up with a couple of offers from other places, but I just got a bad vibe off them and would have been hesitant to accept if I did get an offer through some miracle. The entire thing was awkward and uncomfortable. I've never had an interview where the people showed obvious disdain for me before; it was like they decided they hated me before I even set foot in the place. It's was for the software part of their business, and I think they're trying to give the impression of having a culture like a modern tech company, but the atmosphere was like how I imagine IBM in 1983. Definitely not what I'm looking for in a software company.

Interview Questions

• What's interesting about an API? (Phrased exactly like that.)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed and was offered 8 weeks later. Easy process but applied for new freshmen only program so hiring was different. Still a good experience and hope to intern there in the future

Mac Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview went very well. I met with the technology operations manager and the senior analyst as well the recruiter. I liked the interview and was contacted a week later to have phone meeting with IT director in UK, however Short Hills office had difficulty arranging due to upcoming labor day holiday. I was told my recruiter would be making decision by Sept. 6.
    Overall a very positive interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background and several technical scenarios.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Had 2 interviewers. One very friendly and young, the other was more senior level and not so friendly. The unfriendly person made the environment very stressful, he was completely looking bored of interviewing me, looking around, not so listening or respectful of me when talking. The younger person recently started to work there that was why he still was not changed to a stressful disrespected person like the more senior one I presume. both technical and behavioral questions in the first level of interview and they said they pass me a dataset for the second round. They were compaining on too much work load and no good communication with marketing or other departments, in my interview!!! the payment was 65K and I did not make it to the second round, however when I received the call, I was happy to be rejected!

Interview Questions

• both technical and behavioral. SQL, mostly Excel (about micros and VBA if I have ever used before or not) if I had experience working with SAS Guide   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

One in person interview with two people they asked me a variety of questions but they did most of the talking. It was very easy, they were selling the company to me.

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Basic interview with production manager and team leader and project manager. Basic interview with production manager and team leader and project manager. Basic interview with production manager and team leader and project manager. Basic interview with production manager and team leader and project manager.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Waltham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. After filling out an online form, I had a phone screening with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the team lead for the CSRs. After this the recruiter followed up with me and invited me to an in-person interview in their office.
    The in-person interview was long. I spoke to four different people, all of whom were connected to the CSR role to some degree. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and I finished my interview with a follow up with the recruiter. I asked when I would expect to hear a decision and was told in one week.
    It's been about three weeks since then and I have yet to hear anything from the team. I was eager to hear about their decision but ultimately chose to accept another offer while I was waiting. This was a little disappointing considering how communicative they had been during the application and interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example of a time you went above and beyond to help a client out; Do you know how to use pivot tables; What's a challenging situation you've been in and how did you deal with it; etc.   Answer Question