Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

186 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Waltham, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I first spoke to a rep from Michigan who was covering for the Waltham, MA hr person. He told me that they already filled the role I applied for, but he wanted to interview anyways. I spoke to him, and three people i'd be working under in Waltham on the phone over the course of two weeks. Finally, the invited me up for an in person interview. I live out of state, but have means/intention of moving into the area, something that had been discussed at every phone interview. Interview process was pretty straight forward, 4 half hour meetings with various department leads. All were very courteous and nice, seemed to enjoy what they did. All pretty much asked the same type of questions, simple background stuff, went through the training process, etc. Ultimately I was not offered the job, which i'm fine with, but the process was very involved to say the least, and all i was given was a standard generic rejection email. After four phone calls, two 5 hour drives and a two hour interview, that was it. Very unprofessional. I had emailed the department head i met with after my interview to thank them for their time. Once i received the generic rejection email, I emailed another department head thanking them for their time and that even though i did not receive the position, it was a positive experience and to keep me in mind for future reference, and if they had any feedback they could give back to me. No one responded. Very poor HR person at that branch. I've had two managerial positions, and neither were the first job I've applied for, so I've been rejected before. But i've never had such an involved process end with a generic email and no follow up. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a disagreement with someone higher up than you, and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Oct 14, 2016 – Global Head Of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. I am really disappointed to hear that you had this experience, as we’ve been working hard on communicating with our candidates in a way... More

IT Compliance Program Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet in September 2016.

Interview

Disappointing experience. Applied on LinkedIn and got a call from an internal recruiter the next day. Was scheduled for two phone interviews for the next week. One interviewer called as scheduled and the other did not. The second interviewer did not respond to an InMail message expressing regret we didn't connect and trying to reschedule.

This was about six weeks ago. I have heard NOTHING from anyone from D&B, This is despite repeated emails and phone calls to the recruiter asking for status. I've given up and am assuming I'm out of the running.

Close the loop! All it takes is a phone call or an email. I expected better.

Interview Questions

• Typical resume questions for screening from both recruiter and the one manager I spoke to.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was detailed, schedule was somewhat impacted due to late arrivals. I was first interviewed by the head of the group. She was quite articulate. But when i asked questions, she kept saying my team can answer that - she spoke at me, not with me. Next, there were 2 sales executives. Great people, but late to the interview. They were clearly very passionate about D&B and their job and very happy with the contract they just signed. They did share conditions of the employment required co location with the client each week. The actual team was collaborative and appeared very sharp. They were not aware of the contract conditions. They seemed to be a very close group of 4 men and they complimented each other's skills. I think they would have been an excellent team to work with. .

Interview Questions

• Typical questions of what skills you can bring to the team. Specific questions around what artifacts have been used. Describe detailed experience with agile.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Tucson, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a hiring event that I attended, so they had many people to interview. However I still got in and out pretty quick, I was there about 2 1/2 hours, and I had 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you would do in this fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I received an email from a campus recruiter that outlined the positions available and what the hiring timeline would be. I submitted my resume a few days before the deadline. I think about three weeks after this deadline I finally heard back about a phone screen (the original email specified that decisions would be made by this time, so I wasn't expecting to hear back).

I had a phone screening that week for about 30 minutes with the manager of the communications team. He was very nice and made the job sound fun. However, he mentioned they were moving locations and couldn't tell me exactly where. I asked when I could expect to hear back and he was vague.

I finally heard that I got the job about two weeks later. I was a little confused that I wasn't asked to go in for a 1 on 1 interview considering the office is about a 10 minute drive from me, but I didn't question it. I was told I had a week to decide and the offer letter would be sent to me the next day (this was a Monday). I waited and it did not come--on Monday I checked in with the recruiter and she assured me it was on its way (through email). On Monday evening I received an offer from my dream company, so I knew I had to reject the D&B offer. I couldn't do this without the offer letter though! I honestly thought they forgot about me and didn't worry until that THURSDAY when I finally received it and had to send an email to two people declining the job.

About three weeks later (yes, three weeks) I got a call from someone in the HQ office saying the people I was communicating with were on vacation and things were kind of confusing--did I ever receive my offer letter? At this point I had to awkwardly explain that I emailed both recruiters declining the offer three weeks ago. We hung up and I didn't think about it until the next week when I received a boilerplate email informing me I had been rejected from the internship program. The whole situation was slightly comical but if I had actually been considering taking this job it would have been incredibly frustrating because of the slow, slow timing and obviously poor communication skills. Nothing ever got to me when they said it would. Good luck applying here, it seems like a nice company but I can't deal with their communication.

Interview Questions

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Jun 27, 2016 – Global Head Of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. We are really sorry that you had this experience as it definitely appears your situation fell outside our normal process. We take... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews (one with recruiter and one with the hiring manager) over the course of a few days, leading up to a onsite interview about a week after. All interviews were not too difficult. Just questions about your experience. However it has been over a month and a half and I still don't know if I am still being considered or not...

Ph D Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Millburn, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Millburn, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Just one phone interview with 5 people(two managers and three group members). First introduce yourself and why you want to join the group. Then introduce your PhD research topic to non-technical audience, what's the practical meaning of your research. Finally go through all the projects I listed in my resume. They asked very detailed technical questions of each project.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Had an initial screening phonecall with two recruiters to make sure of behavioral and cultural fit, then had a phone call with manager, then met face to face with manager

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing after this program, standard fare.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Malibu, CA).

Interview

The hiring process took 2 months. I applied online and also submitted my resume at the career fair. Completed a coding exercise. Was called on site for a 3 hour interview with two members of the team and the hiring manager. The location is awesome and the team members were really great to talk with. It was an easy interview. The conversation with the hiring manager was mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structures questions, object oriented design questions. Designing test cases.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Credit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

A group interview process where they take everyone for a tour and interview each one individually and narrow the people they want down. I was asked literally maybe 3 questions then I was put into another room where I was offered the job and backround process. This was a red flag as it seemed "too easy". I had one company pay check stub missing from a job 4 years ago and the HR rep was very rude to me and unprofessional. He told me if I didn't go to the IRS office or send a paycheck stub in 3 days they were going to offer to someone else. Interesting that they are so concerned about a job I had 4 years ago but they do not drug test any employees? Based on his attitude alone and the too easy interview process I knew this was going to be a high turnover job and a HR nightmare. I didn't even bother trying to get my paycheck information and declined this job.