Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with HR team. Each interview lasted 45 minutes. Overall standard interview, but each interviewer expected you to have numerous questions around the company or role. I was asked multiple times if I had any other questions for them. It also seemed the team and mgmt is going through multiple changes and they haven't found themselves yet.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews, followed by two on site Interviews. Interviews were very informal, and more conversation like. Everyone was open to addressing any questions presented with honest feedback.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware of D&B's new growth strategy and what are your thoughts on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received a call from HR with an offer that was right in line with my expectations. We quickly reviewed the offer, and acceptance was provided fairly quickly.

Applications Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet in October 2015.

Interview

The recruiter I worked with was very nice and responsive. I applied for a position that listed DC as a potential location and the hiring manager changed the location to another city. A few weeks later the recruiter reached out to me about another position that was posted for Charlotte but could be worked out of DC. I had a phone interview with the AVP and a few weeks later they scheduled a one-on-one. AVP flew in to interview me and asked for my references at the end of the interview. Two weeks later I received a form email from the Director of Recruiting (I had never spoken to him) stating they decided to "pursue other candidates whose background and experience are a closer match"...even though I did the exact same job for several years with a competitor. The recruiting process was great...until I got the form email after an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• An example of working with a difficult customer? How do you establish relationships with sales reps?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Malibu, CA).

Interview

Went well but the whole hiring process took several months. Four persons interviewed me at their Malibu office. It was long but everyone was nice and made me feel comfortable. I then got a tour of their great office. It was stressful but not that difficult. Just be yourself as they are just checking if you would be a good fit!

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

8/29: Applied for position on D&B career site.
    9/16: Phone screening with internal recruiter -- the nicest HR rep I've ever spoken with, super responsive
    9/25: In-person interview with hiring manager -- felt more like a relaxed conversation about my work history, what I have to offer and what the role/team was all about
    9/25: Phone interview with another manager -- more of a standard phone interview with questions regarding my resume and work history
    9/28: Received job offer; countered the offer
    9/29: Received a counter-offer which I accepted.

One of the most pleasant, stream-lined hiring processes I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected, difficult questions. It was more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

Found by recruiter who screened me. Phone interview with a team member, then brought in for in person with that team member, and then was brought back one last time to meet with several other team members

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Center Valley, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Staffing agency made arrangements, the interview went very well and the question where some of the normal behavioral questions. the in person interview was held by manager, staff trainer, and a staff member. the interview felt more like a group conversation meeting than a firing squad. This was the first interview where I truly had a positive feeling leaving the interview. But after a few days and reaching out to the staffing agency, I was told that the department had to hold off on the hiring for a time being. Not sure what that means, but I was upset not being offered the job...

Interview Questions

• A time you worked with a team and was it a negative or positive experience?   Answer Question

Credit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Tucson, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Fun process, you get to speak to three different people and ultimately watch the crowd get smaller and smaller until just the finalists are around. Then the back ground check begins, verification of prior employment happens and this can take up to 15 days...Although mine took 14. Then they call and officially offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you open a call to some one who is not expecting your call.   1 Answer

Sales Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Center Valley, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

My first interview was the last week of August, 2015. 6 interviews later, I was asked to facilitate two, 20-minute sales training presentations in early October 2015. The hiring manager was difficult to get a hold of and it took me several attempts to get him to respond after I gave the presentations. When he did finally get back to me (more than a week after the last presentations) he told me they were going with an internal candidate. This job is still posted on their website as well as external websites.

Interview Questions

• Which type of training do you prefer facilitating - live or virtual?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was initially asked to complete a phone pre-screen with human resources. Upon completion, I interviewed in person with the hiring manager which included a mock phone call and a description of work history. After, I performed another mock call with the Director of Sales