Dun & Bradstreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.8

Credit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Tucson, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Fun process, you get to speak to three different people and ultimately watch the crowd get smaller and smaller until just the finalists are around. Then the back ground check begins, verification of prior employment happens and this can take up to 15 days...Although mine took 14. Then they call and officially offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you open a call to some one who is not expecting your call.   1 Answer

Sales Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Center Valley, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

My first interview was the last week of August, 2015. 6 interviews later, I was asked to facilitate two, 20-minute sales training presentations in early October 2015. The hiring manager was difficult to get a hold of and it took me several attempts to get him to respond after I gave the presentations. When he did finally get back to me (more than a week after the last presentations) he told me they were going with an internal candidate. This job is still posted on their website as well as external websites.

Interview Questions

• Which type of training do you prefer facilitating - live or virtual?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was initially asked to complete a phone pre-screen with human resources. Upon completion, I interviewed in person with the hiring manager which included a mock phone call and a description of work history. After, I performed another mock call with the Director of Sales

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process began, through a recruiter, in February. But DnB was not really close to making any decisions about interviews. A good freelance project came along and I took it, but kept the DnB conversation going. Interviewed for the first time (by phone) in May, then had another phone interview (different person) in June. Had an on-site interview in July -- an outstanding two-hour conversation with the would-be supervisor. Thought an offer was in the making. Had third and fourth phone interviews with two new people in early September. Then waiting, and waiting. Was told an October strategy meeting would produce a decision. Nope. Waited, waited. Finally, in November, main company contact told me that the strategy meeting produced a reorganization. Hiring on hold. Still wanted the job. Really liked all the people. Recruiter told me to wait until end of first quarter in new year. First quarter comes and goes. DnB personnel change. Job never re-posted. All for naught.

Interview Questions

• Name something you worked on that went wrong and describe how you fixed it.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ).

Interview

Met with every person in department, so although the process was lengthy, it wasn't too difficult. Getting past the phoner is key.....after that, it seems to be more about personality fit. Good people there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

At the first two phone interview rounds, it was fine, process was steady and smooth. and the recruiter was being all enthusiastic. Then for the next round, I came in for interview at their office. It was a long and confusing commute from Manhattan --2 hours from Penn station so I was already discouraged. I had to take a cab to the office from the station and arrived at their office finally. It was basic greyish corporate office, does not look like my go-to since I'm more into creative space with a lot of lights. The interview went for almost two hours, met with leaders of the team. I sent them a follow-up email one week after the interview and never heard back from the recruiter. After two weeks of waiting, they finally let me know that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation when you realized an opportunity and took advantage of it?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave the current position?   Answer Question
    • What do you think of the culture at your current position?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Short Hills, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I participated in many rounds of interviews all which were personality based. Some of these occurred in person and several over the phone. All interviews wanted to ensure that I would fit in with the team and the D&B culture. These interviews were not difficult just took time.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet.

Interview

I applied online and got notified to schedule an interview in a week. The interview was great! My recruiters are extremely nice and followed me along the questions
    They asked behavioral questions which were pretty common and easy to prepare.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and then was contacted in 2-3 weeks about my interview information. It was a relatively simple process. The email outlined interview time slots and then I submitted a request for a specific time. After I received a confirmation email explaining the location and time of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped someone you did not know?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dun & Bradstreet in March 2015.

Interview

HR sent me an interview request about 2 weeks after my online application. The HR screening was a 10 min telephone interview, and they collected basic information such as education, location, time of availability and salary expectation. The second round is a 30 min phone interview by the hiring manager. They asked detailed questions about the experience described one the resume, such as analysis procedure and the soft ware/ data technique used.

Interview Questions

• What's the prediction accuracy of your model? How can you improve it?   Answer Question