Dunkin' Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.5

Project Manager IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dunkin' Brands (Canton, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

The process took nearly two months. It started out with a writing test and then a 1:1 phone interview with the hiring manager. It then went on to a 1:1 phone interview with the HR point of contact. Next, I had to do a recorded video interview. Next a personality test that consisted of 12 pages with 30 questions per page. This was followed by an IQ test. IQ and Personality test are part of your interview score and it is illegal according to the supreme court to do so as it is considered a discriminatory practice.After a few weeks, I had a face to face in Canton, MA. The hiring manager messed up my interview schedule and admitted to me she had only ever managed 3 projects vs. my 8-32 per quarter. She said I had too much Fortune 500 experience. It took them 1.5 weeks to get back to me to tell me that I was too big of a fish and would not be able to swim in a little pond, which was extremely short sighted and insulting. I was told I was the top candidate throughout this entire process. It took them two months to figure out they did not want their top candidate. Enough said.

Head of Marketing-Canada Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dunkin' Brands (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

7 long interviews over the phone with the last 3 in person in Boston, Mass. Nothing out of the ordinary, just going through the chain of command bottom-up, including staff in similar position in other countries. Also attended one of Dunkin International conferences to "test-drive" the experience of working in DBI prior to giving 2-week notice to the previous employer.

Interview Questions

• Describe how would you handle a meeting with confrontational franchisees?   Answer Question

Field Ops Manager (Corporate) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dunkin' Brands (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

The process started via phone interview with the recruiter then Human Resource Manager. The people were very supportive and helpful, but, the process between interviews took several weeks. Then in person interviews occurred with my direct supervisor and his boss and then another peer before a hiring decision was made. The overall process took several months, this process also included speaking to current employees and visiting restaurants which really was a big help in understanding the job I would be doing. Everyone was so friendly, for me that made up for the long interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Trying to explain your reasoning for leaving previous companies and why you really want the job can be a very difficult question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation, the offer was as is

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dunkin' Brands (Canton, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through the company website. Heard back a couple weeks later for a Hirevue interview. Was contacted two week later for a Skype interview with my prospective supervisor. Got the offer a week later

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dunkin' Brands (Canton, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was the HireView stage, then an in person interview which lasted about 1 hour, took about 2 months from application to being hired. Nice people to interview with. A little unorganized process. It was not a challenging interview.

Digital Marketing Manager, Payments Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dunkin' Brands (Canton, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Took almost 3 months from beginning to end. Started with personality test, followed by meeting with HR, video interview, and then 3 rounds of in-person interviews. After my last interview, after visiting their office 3 times, I never heard back from them. They didn't let me know the outcome until 5 weeks after my last interview, and I had to contact them. Very unprofessional and discourteous to the candidate!

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with the numerous vendors they work with and which vendors I would give preference too.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dunkin' Brands (Canton, MA).

Interview

Structured. Focused. On point. Human Resources department is extremely professional and really understands people. All engagements were handled as expected and appointments and support done carefully. From director to analyst, I felt very comfortable and safe throughout the entire process .

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and points of improvement and how it helps you in your daily activities.
      Tell us about projects you were successful or not and how they have made you a better professional.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dunkin' Brands (Canton, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with the human resources representative.Brief review of my background and questions on whether I can work alone or not. Then I was asked to meet with the group manager and direct supervisor that I would be working with. Direct supervisor was concerned on whether I worked with equipment and devices directly which I advised I had plenty of experience doing so in the telecommunications field. Unfortunately they won't get back to you or even send you an email or letter of their decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to act quickly to respond to a project or situation.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dunkin' Brands.

Interview

Phone screening first, then invite to a Hire Vue video interview. The video interview was a great experience, though strange to sit in front of a web cam with no one on the other side. I felt it was a fair process, though there was zero communication from the hiring manager after the video interview which I felt was both unprofessional and disappointing. A simple form email saying I am no longer a candidate for the position would have sufficed.

Interview Questions

• There were 10 questions for the video interview and they gave you ample time to complete it. Here's a few of them:
      What are your passions; what drives you?
      describe a rewarding team experience.
      What is your most challenging work experience and how did you overcome it?
      How do you handle multiple projects at one time?
      Why are you the best candidate for this position?
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunkin' Brands in November 2014.

Interview

Great interview process. The process wasn't traditional but seems to be the best format to help the company gain a better understanding of you, while you gain a better understanding about the company.