Dunnhumby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

3.2

Lead Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Had an initial phone screen and was asked to come in on short notice the very next day. I had no problem with that and accommodated. The first in person interview was with a department head followed by another interview with the hiring manager and another associate. After those interviewers the recruiter said I will hear back in 2 weeks. About after 2.5 weeks I followed up to find out the status. Never got a reply back! Never even got a rejection call or email either....just nothing. Had to see the position was taken down to finally get some closure that I did not get the job. That shows a definite lack in professionalism in my opinion. They promote work hard play hard but I guess that comes at the expense of courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly regarding day to day activities. Not many behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. The questions were not that difficult and I was asked to come in for an in person interview. The interview as broken up into three 45 minute sections. One section was just like a normal interview. The remaining sections were for a case study. We had 45 minutes to prepare the given case study and then 45 minutes to present it. This was the most difficult past of the interview. I wasn't sure if the responses I was giving were the ones they were looking for and the person that was conducting the interview didn't have much to say.

Interview Questions

• How could you determine the amount of soft drinks Kroger sold in a year   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

They came to campus for first round interviews. Next day they contacted me for a final office interview for the next week. Final interview involved a 45 min case study, 45 minute group interview, and a standard 45 minute one on one interview. They do a good job of paying for your travel expenses.

Market Analysis Interview

Interview

got a email from HR and asked to take a assessment test. Test was easy. the day after that got a phone interview from them. Questions have nothing to do with statistics. all related to business.

Interview Questions

• If you were the manager and would like to open a kroger in the town you lived in, what factors you may considers for choosing the location   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dunnhumby.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting, talked to recruiters at career fair, and went to call out event. Also took an IQ-like test as part of the application.

I got an interview on campus (seems like for people at smaller schools this tends to be a phone interview) where they asked me about my experience with using excel and other data analysis tools. Being able to code was definitely a plus.

I was asked to go for a second round interview at their HQ in Cincinnati. They're building a new one set to open this summer, but they showed us around anyway. We had to do a case interview, behavioral interview, and group task for the actual interview.

Waited a couple weeks and received a call that I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite sport in 10 steps or less as thoroughly as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negotiable. salary is good for marketing.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dunnhumby.

Interview

Initial On-Campus Interview followed by On-Site Interview at company HQ in Cincinnati. After a successful on-campus interview, they flew all passing candidates on-site to their headquarters in Cincinnati. The on-site consists of three 45 minute interviews with different parties within the company. There is also a presentation interview. Be sure to make your recommendations as data-driven as possible.

Interview Questions

• Based on the data collected from a household's store receipt, what data might prove useful to a category Manager deciding what items to keep given limited shelf space.   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dunnhumby in October 2014.

Interview

Did a competence and intelligence test through a computer. Was almost only numerical questions and no logical at all. Everything was computer-based and you got timed on every question. One bad thing is that I haven't heard from them yet, but it went really bad so I figure that im out.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I was contacted by someone in the project management group for a phone interview. I was asked to quickly run through my previous experience and describe the role, challenges, deliverables, etc.

Everything seemed fine until I was abruptly interrupted toward the end. The only way I can accurately describe what happened next would be to say I was "dressed down". At this point it became clear that the woman I was speaking to never had any intention of hiring me and was having a very bad day. She proceeded to tell me all the reasons I was not a good fit for the role and actually got pretty personal making several remarks that explained to me how she didn't think I was a good IT employee in general. This was very surprising, especially since I had been in a much larger role at a fortune 5 company for the past 11 years.

Needless to say, there was no offer. If there was an offer of employment, I would have promptly declined it.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy 9-5 interview process: large group small group and one on one. I applied online, they did a phone screen, then brought me in for a full day interview along with other soon to be college graduates. They did take us to a good lunch!

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience   1 Answer

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I had to take an assessment after having my resume accepted. It was pretty hard, but I managed to pass. Questions centered around reading charts/graphs and doing calculations. I didn't hear back for a month or so, but eventually did.

After that, it was very quick process. I got notified of a video interview, was scheduled 2 days later, got notified of the on-site that same night, and then flew to the office about 5 days later.

The video interview was part behavioral, part mini-case. The mini-case asked me to walk through my thought processes when starting a company. Other questions included "What would you do if you had 48-hour access to a grocery store's database.

A lot of the questions focused on what you would do with data containing "any information you'd find on a grocery receipt."

The on-site interview consisted of four 45-minute segments. 45 minutes for an interview very similar to the video. 45 minutes to prepare a presentation of a case. 45 minutes to present the case, and 45 minutes behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• The main case during the super day was a presentation. I was given 45 minutes to look at the case (design a method for evaluating the success of the launch of a given product). Then I had 45 minutes to present the case to an interviewer. It wasn't particularly hard, but was just different.   Answer Question