Dunnhumby Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview which was fine and pretty standard (competency-based). In the following stage, I had a face-to-face interview at their London offices, for which I needed to prepare a presentation and it also included a SQL test.
    For the most part, my two interviewers seemed completely uninterested throughout the whole interview and my presentation. They challenged all the ideas I presented, notably not in a way that generates interesting discussion and a sharing of opinions, but as if to bluntly show me up just because I had a different opinion from them. I left with the certainty that I do not want to join such an unwelcoming company.
    Here's the thing though: They never even bothered to give me a call. I had a phone interview, travelled to their offices for a face-to-face interview, prepared a presentation. Basically put in all this time and effort, yet they never even bothered to reply (it has been almost 6 weeks since my interview now). Never would I want to work for a company that treats their applicants like this.

Senior Client Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Firstly, there was a call with dunnhumby's manager to talk generally about previous experience and my fit with the company values.
    The next stage was a Business case followed by the interview with more senior managers talking again about previous experience in more details, personal motivation to work for Dunnhumby and this particular role.

Interview Questions

• Could you, pls, explain and give examples on how you understand our values?   Answer Question
    • Do you like team work?   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work for Dunnhumby on the position of Client lead?   Answer Question
    • Business case: make a presentation on issues within one of the categories, offer recommendations for improvement.   Answer Question

Analyst/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a phone and a face to face interview.
    Questions were asked on my past work experience followed by my skill Unica knowledge test and sql ability. Scenario based questions were also asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you develop campaign in Unica   1 Answer

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The process lasted approximately 2 months. The format is the same as everyone else explain.
    1. CV + Cover letter and (I think) you automatically get invited to the psychometric tests - very straightforward Kenexa test.
    2. Phone interview: very relaxed with the basic 'why us', 'why this role', 'why are you suitable', 'why did you choose your degree+uni' and then a few competency questions (nothing unexpected). There were also a couple of brainteasers in the end.
    3. A month later I was invited to the AC at their office in London which started with a presentation on the company, followed by a case study which you had to work on for 60'-90' and then you presented your findings to two lovely dunnhumbians. Afterwards, you get a break and a chance to talk to some current graduates and ask whatever you want. This is followed by a 1-1 interview (technically it was a 2-1 interview, but I reckon one of them was there to learn more about the hiring/interviewing process), and, lastly, there was a group exercise which can be loads of fun. You are given a case study and you talk to your teammates about possible solutions to 2 questions.

General advice: DH is very friendly - everyone says it, but they actually are and the HR team is more than happy to help. Go over the questions people post here about the phone interview and you will be perfectly prepared. For the assessment centre the only think I can say is that you need to be well prepared and really understand what DH does, who our competitors are, etc. and honestly be yourself. I thought I had completely failed my AC but apparently they liked me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, numerical test, phone interview lasting around 30minutes and invited to assessment day (interview, numerical test, case study). Case study: given 1 hour to work on a presentation, analysing data and preparing a report to present giving insight and advice. Numerical test is the standard online test as given before.

Interview Questions

• Situation where you used your team working skills to solve a problem   Answer Question

Commercial Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, very professional. They really listened and drew out all the information that they needed. Gave me the opportunity to sell my self and get across the points I wanted to and the space to talk. They threw in an unexpected meeting with the managing director which I hadn't prepared for

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through an online grad scheme application. Then had to do a maths test, verbal reasoning test, and a phone interview. Went to the assessment day - be warned that it was overwhelmingly filled with Oxbridge graduates (of which I was not). There I had to do another maths test, a group discussion, a personal interview and a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your favourite ad campaign and explain why you think it's great (since I was expecting questions about data and the market but not necessarily advertising)   Answer Question

Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

2 interviews, one with HR one with Insight Director. the HR interview was with a professional whom I discussed my previous employment status and my experience and my main reasons for joining. Was fairly simple. Second infterview was a Blockbuster presentation to describe how to optimise blockbuster marketing campaign efforts.

Interview Questions

• How would you segment customers to drive sales?   1 Answer

Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Friendly interviewers, easy to find and welcoming office, was pretty informal and not too challenging, more like a conversation, I asked as many questions as I answered. It helped being well prepared about the company, understanding what they did was very important to them. The interview lasted around 30 minutes, which was a good thing!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

They ask about previous experience and why would you like to join them.