Dunnhumby Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.3

Senior Client Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Firstly, there was a call with dunnhumby's manager to talk generally about previous experience and my fit with the company values.
    The next stage was a Business case followed by the interview with more senior managers talking again about previous experience in more details, personal motivation to work for Dunnhumby and this particular role.

Interview Questions

• Could you, pls, explain and give examples on how you understand our values?   Answer Question
    • Do you like team work?   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work for Dunnhumby on the position of Client lead?   Answer Question
    • Business case: make a presentation on issues within one of the categories, offer recommendations for improvement.   Answer Question

Analyst/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a phone and a face to face interview.
    Questions were asked on my past work experience followed by my skill Unica knowledge test and sql ability. Scenario based questions were also asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you develop campaign in Unica   1 Answer

Accountant Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dunnhumby.

Interview

Online application, telephone interview & Graduate assessment centre. Maths & verbal reasoning, group exercise & 2nd maths test. Full day assessment centre & around 1-2 days of additional interview work.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The process lasted approximately 2 months. The format is the same as everyone else explain.
    1. CV + Cover letter and (I think) you automatically get invited to the psychometric tests - very straightforward Kenexa test.
    2. Phone interview: very relaxed with the basic 'why us', 'why this role', 'why are you suitable', 'why did you choose your degree+uni' and then a few competency questions (nothing unexpected). There were also a couple of brainteasers in the end.
    3. A month later I was invited to the AC at their office in London which started with a presentation on the company, followed by a case study which you had to work on for 60'-90' and then you presented your findings to two lovely dunnhumbians. Afterwards, you get a break and a chance to talk to some current graduates and ask whatever you want. This is followed by a 1-1 interview (technically it was a 2-1 interview, but I reckon one of them was there to learn more about the hiring/interviewing process), and, lastly, there was a group exercise which can be loads of fun. You are given a case study and you talk to your teammates about possible solutions to 2 questions.

General advice: DH is very friendly - everyone says it, but they actually are and the HR team is more than happy to help. Go over the questions people post here about the phone interview and you will be perfectly prepared. For the assessment centre the only think I can say is that you need to be well prepared and really understand what DH does, who our competitors are, etc. and honestly be yourself. I thought I had completely failed my AC but apparently they liked me.

Analyst Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dunnhumby.

Interview

First step was a standard online application followed by tests and a request for a phone interview. This was the shorted phone interview I have ever had and I didn't think it has gone very well. Be prepared for the logic question at the end - I wasn't and just babbled on but at least used some structure even though I worked it through properly afterwards and was 100 miles off the real answer.

After 4 weeks (a lot longer than I was told it would take...which becomes a theme) I was told I passed and could I attend an assessment centre. This day was standard and has been described below: presentation on DH, we present to two assessors on some Tesco data you have an hour and a bit to analyse, interview (very easy competency based) and finally a group discussion.

After this I waited about a month and a half to hear back after being told it would take just over a week. Didn't get the job but the amount of time it took to get back to me was my only complaint. Very pleasant (albeit disorganised) application process and a very interesting and innovative company, which I would recommend applying for!

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between creativity and innovation?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dunnhumby.

Interview

1. I applied online, submitting a CV and cover letter as well as information about my education and work experience.

2. I was invited to aptitude tests. This was a numerical reasoning test, and dunnhumby's was the hardest one I've done, practice or real, during graduate applications. However, they must have quite a low threshold as I got through despite probably answering around 2/3 questions. Perhaps they have lower standards for the Media & Comms grad scheme than more quantitative ones!

3.I had a phone interview with someone from HR at dunnhumby. This was very brief (less than 20 minutes), and included competency based questions and case study questions. I really had no idea how this had gone as it was quite a stiff format - question, answer, with no discussion/conversation. The key here is to stay relaxed I think - don't worry if you don't feel like you're building rapport.

4. Full day assessment centre at their Ealing offices. This included a 1-to-1 interview, a case study and presentation task, and a group exercise. There was also an opportunity to talk informally to current graduates on the program which is really useful.

5. They called me 2 weeks letter to tell me I had been offered a position.

Graduate Interview

Interview

Submitted my application through their website. I then received psychometric test invites. Passed them and received a phone interview call. The questions were generic about the company, interests and behavioural questions. I was then invited to the assessment center. We were re-tested on our online psychometric tests, had one-on-one interview session, data analysing and presentation session and a group data analysis session.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunnhumby.

Interview

I applied for a position on the graduate scheme towards the end of February, this consisted on the basic application form and a few competency based questions. I heard back within a few days that I had got through to the next stage to take two online tests, numerical and inductive reasoning. After I got through this stage there was a telephone interview which was very relaxed and finally the assessment centre was around the start of June.

This consisted of a interview with the basic looking over your CV and competency based questions, followed by a presentation based on a case study, a numerical test and a group exercise. The whole day was enjoyable where all the assessors were friendly and fun to talk to. I found out I got the position the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have had to convince a senior colleague into your way of thinking   Answer Question

Summer Intern Analyst Interview

Interview

Very short phone interview (<10min) after which I was invited to an assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of four parts: Numerical reasoning test, interview, case study presentation and a group exercise. For the case study we were given some fake data from Tescos and some possible strategies to increase or recapture portions of the market. We had to both explain the data and make suggestions. The group exercise was where we held a meeting and had to come to a group decision. This was basically seeing how we behaved in meetings and group discussions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, numerical test, phone interview lasting around 30minutes and invited to assessment day (interview, numerical test, case study). Case study: given 1 hour to work on a presentation, analysing data and preparing a report to present giving insight and advice. Numerical test is the standard online test as given before.

Interview Questions

• Situation where you used your team working skills to solve a problem   Answer Question