Dunnhumby Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.1

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Talent Acquisition Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who then sent my CV to the company. Following this, I had a telephone interview a few days later. The interviewer was very nice, open to questions. They didn't talk much about the company, the interview was centred around questions about my studies, work experiences and my hobbies. Many of the questions were to do with the company values. Once the interview was over, I was told I would have news the next day. The company was very slow at giving a final response and communicated through the recruiter. I received a final response after two weeks. The process may have been slower in this case as the initial position was filled by another candidate. They then said they may have another similar position for me, however this was then filled internally.

Interview Questions

• As you may know, one of our values is "passion". Is there a time where you went the extra mile for something you felt passionately about?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

The process took about 5 weeks. Initially I had a phone interview with a senior member of staff asking about what I know about Dunnhumby, skills and projects I worked on in the past. After I got word of progression the next round was a numerical reasoning test. This was difficult but a few days preparation before hand and you will do well. I was then invited into their London HQ in Hammersmith for a face-to-face with two senior staff. The interview itself was very pleasant. It lasted about 2-2.5 hours but I didn't even notice the time go by. I had to do a case study and give presentation on the topic. They sent on the case study a week prior to the interview and then they asked me general data analysis/science questions on the study. There was also a coding exam which was relatively straight forward. They didn't require you to write the code in any specific language as such more about the algorithmic process. A few weeks practice on HackerRank will help you here. Although the coding exam was straight forward I didn't actually perform well on this as I never done a coding test before and through a mix up between my recruiter and HR I was told there was no coding exam.

I got the refusal phone call about two days later and was told my coding ability wasn't up to the threshold they required.

Overall it was a very nice experience as this was my first ever data science interview. It's a shame I didn't get the job because I really wanted to work with them. Once I get a little more practice and experience under my belt I will definitely apply again.

Interview Questions

Interview

20 minute interview with recruiter asking about motivations for the role and a few competency questions.
    Assessment Center: 3 minute pre-prepared presentation, standard group exercises, case study, 40 minute competency interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to overcome a problem.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview which was fine and pretty standard (competency-based). In the following stage, I had a face-to-face interview at their London offices, for which I needed to prepare a presentation and it also included a SQL test.
    For the most part, my two interviewers seemed completely uninterested throughout the whole interview and my presentation. They challenged all the ideas I presented, notably not in a way that generates interesting discussion and a sharing of opinions, but as if to bluntly show me up just because I had a different opinion from them. I left with the certainty that I do not want to join such an unwelcoming company.
    Here's the thing though: They never even bothered to give me a call. I had a phone interview, travelled to their offices for a face-to-face interview, prepared a presentation. Basically put in all this time and effort, yet they never even bothered to reply (it has been almost 6 weeks since my interview now). Never would I want to work for a company that treats their applicants like this.

Senior Client Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Firstly, there was a call with dunnhumby's manager to talk generally about previous experience and my fit with the company values.
    The next stage was a Business case followed by the interview with more senior managers talking again about previous experience in more details, personal motivation to work for Dunnhumby and this particular role.

Interview Questions

• Could you, pls, explain and give examples on how you understand our values?   Answer Question
    • Do you like team work?   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work for Dunnhumby on the position of Client lead?   Answer Question
    • Business case: make a presentation on issues within one of the categories, offer recommendations for improvement.   Answer Question

Analyst/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a phone and a face to face interview.
    Questions were asked on my past work experience followed by my skill Unica knowledge test and sql ability. Scenario based questions were also asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you develop campaign in Unica   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dunnhumby.

Interview

Online application, telephone interview & Graduate assessment centre. Maths & verbal reasoning, group exercise & 2nd maths test. Full day assessment centre & around 1-2 days of additional interview work.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dunnhumby (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The process lasted approximately 2 months. The format is the same as everyone else explain.
    1. CV + Cover letter and (I think) you automatically get invited to the psychometric tests - very straightforward Kenexa test.
    2. Phone interview: very relaxed with the basic 'why us', 'why this role', 'why are you suitable', 'why did you choose your degree+uni' and then a few competency questions (nothing unexpected). There were also a couple of brainteasers in the end.
    3. A month later I was invited to the AC at their office in London which started with a presentation on the company, followed by a case study which you had to work on for 60'-90' and then you presented your findings to two lovely dunnhumbians. Afterwards, you get a break and a chance to talk to some current graduates and ask whatever you want. This is followed by a 1-1 interview (technically it was a 2-1 interview, but I reckon one of them was there to learn more about the hiring/interviewing process), and, lastly, there was a group exercise which can be loads of fun. You are given a case study and you talk to your teammates about possible solutions to 2 questions.

General advice: DH is very friendly - everyone says it, but they actually are and the HR team is more than happy to help. Go over the questions people post here about the phone interview and you will be perfectly prepared. For the assessment centre the only think I can say is that you need to be well prepared and really understand what DH does, who our competitors are, etc. and honestly be yourself. I thought I had completely failed my AC but apparently they liked me.

Analyst Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dunnhumby.

Interview

First step was a standard online application followed by tests and a request for a phone interview. This was the shorted phone interview I have ever had and I didn't think it has gone very well. Be prepared for the logic question at the end - I wasn't and just babbled on but at least used some structure even though I worked it through properly afterwards and was 100 miles off the real answer.

After 4 weeks (a lot longer than I was told it would take...which becomes a theme) I was told I passed and could I attend an assessment centre. This day was standard and has been described below: presentation on DH, we present to two assessors on some Tesco data you have an hour and a bit to analyse, interview (very easy competency based) and finally a group discussion.

After this I waited about a month and a half to hear back after being told it would take just over a week. Didn't get the job but the amount of time it took to get back to me was my only complaint. Very pleasant (albeit disorganised) application process and a very interesting and innovative company, which I would recommend applying for!

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between creativity and innovation?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dunnhumby.

Interview

1. I applied online, submitting a CV and cover letter as well as information about my education and work experience.

2. I was invited to aptitude tests. This was a numerical reasoning test, and dunnhumby's was the hardest one I've done, practice or real, during graduate applications. However, they must have quite a low threshold as I got through despite probably answering around 2/3 questions. Perhaps they have lower standards for the Media & Comms grad scheme than more quantitative ones!

3.I had a phone interview with someone from HR at dunnhumby. This was very brief (less than 20 minutes), and included competency based questions and case study questions. I really had no idea how this had gone as it was quite a stiff format - question, answer, with no discussion/conversation. The key here is to stay relaxed I think - don't worry if you don't feel like you're building rapport.

4. Full day assessment centre at their Ealing offices. This included a 1-to-1 interview, a case study and presentation task, and a group exercise. There was also an opportunity to talk informally to current graduates on the program which is really useful.

5. They called me 2 weeks letter to tell me I had been offered a position.