Duolingo Product Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Duolingo

1 Interview Review

4.0

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duolingo in December 2016.

Interview

So I applied for a role as a PM intern with Duolingo on October 6th and I got a call December 1st after completing almost every stage of my interview that they would not be going forward with my candidacy.

I definitely think they could have handled some things better but regardless, I do appreciate the opportunity.

This is how the process ended up going for me:

1. In October, I get emailed by a recruiter and was asked to complete both a product task and a programming task within one week. I ask for an extension since there was a Fall break at school.
2. Submitted completed PRD and programming task after 12 days.
3. Phone interview with PM, get assigned task to create a deck based off PRD to complete within 1 week
4. Finished deck
5. Phone call with another PM about how to better define PRD in deck and prepare further revisions within the week, asked for an extension again because I was going to be at a wedding
6. Submitted revised deck to new recruiter on-boarded since past recruiter is leaving company
7. Get a call from new recruiter that they won't be moving forward with interview process

Overall, definitely a very engaging and thorough interview and 10 times better than the totally unrelated algorithm questions I've gotten in the past. Still, not getting the opportunity was a pretty big let down after everything was over with.

Interview Questions

• Determine one thing Duolingo could improve and create a 1-3 page product specification document for your proposal.   Answer Question
  • Create anagram checker.   Answer Question