Duval County Public School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.5

Math Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Math Coaching training cycle with the district after an initial screening interview. Email communication with principal. Face to face interview with elementary school principal. No response from principal after interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I support teachers in meeting the district's math curriculum guide?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

They called me after 1 week from application time, shortly before the beginning of the school year. Interview was average, not too difficult, not too simple. The offer was on the lower side compared to my previous school.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous experience and I had scenarios to respond to. I am working with ESE children and most questions had to do with general classroom setting and etiquette, difficulty, etc.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied online and 2 weeks later was scheduled for an interview. Met with 4 DCPS employees who served in various capacities from Asst. Director to the person vacating the role.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience with SAP?
      What is my experience with MS Word and Excel? What Microsoft programs have I used?
      What HR systems have I used?
      Anything I would like to share about me that I had not already answered
      How many people had I supervised?
      My experience with public records, fingerprints, and substitute tracking?
      Experience with vendor contracts
      Answer Question

TV Production Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The principal and an assistant principal asked me questions and looked at my resume, teaching certificate, and letters of recommendation. They told me a little about the position and why the previous teacher left.

Interview Questions

• How are your classroom management skills? Can you manage classes of 30 students by yourself?   1 Answer

Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The assistant principal called me in for an an interview with him and the principal. He found my resume on the website and they were in dire need. They asked a few questions about my teaching experience and and then gave me a tour of the school. They described what it was like to work at their school; their rituals and routines. After that I was offered the position and was in the novice teacher program for a year.

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process was easy enough. If you are selected, you will spend half a day at the district building downtown doing paperwork and various informational meetings. You will be fingerprinted that day as well.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience make you an ideal candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. Pay was set.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Go to the DCPS website, check what schools has openings for the position your interested in, email the principal your resume, he/she call you for interview. If hire, they set you up for finger printing and teacher on board meeting

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the organization?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Duval County Public School.

Interview

Was not as organized. The interview was not started when it was suppose. Was asked questions twice. During the interview there were questions that were not related to the position.

Data Center Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

Brief popularity contest with 6 people, only 2 of whom had any clue what the job required. They each took turns asking questions from a prepared list put together by the Data Center Operations Director, who was also present.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about Active Directory   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Very easy. Submit application on school board website. From there you have to find your own job. Look up vacancies and email the school principals directly and send your resume. That's the quickest way to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in an urban school and if so what did you do in a challenging situation with a student?   2 Answers