Duval County Public School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Duval County Public School

2.3

Math Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Math Coaching training cycle with the district after an initial screening interview. Email communication with principal. Face to face interview with elementary school principal. No response from principal after interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I support teachers in meeting the district's math curriculum guide?   1 Answer

Math Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duval County Public School in May 2012.

Interview

submit online application, I also sent emails to schools I wanted to teach at, you must submit all certification documents, and transcripts. School principals who are interested will call you for an interview. I had already contacted a principal and had interview before all paperwork was submitted. You get an offer letter...which even though I was already hired...I had to wait for all paperwork to get filed at the board before I received the official offer.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I planned on staying in teaching ...or could I decide to leave and go into corporate world.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Middle School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Called a few days after applying to HR, the interview was fairly relaxed and I felt comfortable. It was with the principal and assistant principal. We talked about scenarios, how I would respond to them, and they asked about my background.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was extremely thorough, but friendly. Great professional environment. Interviewer asked a lot of questions about my background, training, education, and future goals. Interviewer asked me many questions about how would I respond in certain situations. Interviewer asked me questions about how I responded to difficult situations in previous employement situations.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

They called me after 1 week from application time, shortly before the beginning of the school year. Interview was average, not too difficult, not too simple. The offer was on the lower side compared to my previous school.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous experience and I had scenarios to respond to. I am working with ESE children and most questions had to do with general classroom setting and etiquette, difficulty, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Go to the DCPS website, check what schools has openings for the position your interested in, email the principal your resume, he/she call you for interview. If hire, they set you up for finger printing and teacher on board meeting

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the organization?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was short. The questions were not difficult and they were very vague such as: Why do you want to be a teacher? What qualifications or experience do you have that will help you succeed in this job? When are you available to start? In general, it is extremely easy to get a job teaching as a public school teacher in Duval County because it is in high demand. As long as you have a bachelors degree, no serious criminal record, and you ask for an interview at a title one school - they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a teacher? What experience do you have that will help you in this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online as required. I attended a virtual job fair where I waited over two hours for someone to tell me I did everything right and all I can do is wait for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview process went well. It took a long time from when I applied to the actual interview. I was able to meet with two different schools for my interview process. Each principal contacted me directly.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my educational experience, specific to curriculum and behavior management.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

was ok. not too bad. wanted you to know about data, bubble students, differentiation etc. Interviewers were nice. I was comfortable enough to be myself. have portfolio on hand because they ask a lot questions.