Duval County Public School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duval County Public School Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online as required. I attended a virtual job fair where I waited over two hours for someone to tell me I did everything right and all I can do is wait for an interview.

Middle School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Called a few days after applying to HR, the interview was fairly relaxed and I felt comfortable. It was with the principal and assistant principal. We talked about scenarios, how I would respond to them, and they asked about my background.

Math Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Math Coaching training cycle with the district after an initial screening interview. Email communication with principal. Face to face interview with elementary school principal. No response from principal after interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I support teachers in meeting the district's math curriculum guide?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

They called me after 1 week from application time, shortly before the beginning of the school year. Interview was average, not too difficult, not too simple. The offer was on the lower side compared to my previous school.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous experience and I had scenarios to respond to. I am working with ESE children and most questions had to do with general classroom setting and etiquette, difficulty, etc.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Applied online and 2 weeks later was scheduled for an interview. Met with 4 DCPS employees who served in various capacities from Asst. Director to the person vacating the role.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience with SAP?
      What is my experience with MS Word and Excel? What Microsoft programs have I used?
      What HR systems have I used?
      Anything I would like to share about me that I had not already answered
      How many people had I supervised?
      My experience with public records, fingerprints, and substitute tracking?
      Experience with vendor contracts   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

was ok. not too bad. wanted you to know about data, bubble students, differentiation etc. Interviewers were nice. I was comfortable enough to be myself. have portfolio on hand because they ask a lot questions.

TV Production Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The principal and an assistant principal asked me questions and looked at my resume, teaching certificate, and letters of recommendation. They told me a little about the position and why the previous teacher left.

Interview Questions

• How are your classroom management skills? Can you manage classes of 30 students by yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was short. The questions were not difficult and they were very vague such as: Why do you want to be a teacher? What qualifications or experience do you have that will help you succeed in this job? When are you available to start? In general, it is extremely easy to get a job teaching as a public school teacher in Duval County because it is in high demand. As long as you have a bachelors degree, no serious criminal record, and you ask for an interview at a title one school - they will hire you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a teacher? What experience do you have that will help you in this job?   Answer Question

Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The assistant principal called me in for an an interview with him and the principal. He found my resume on the website and they were in dire need. They asked a few questions about my teaching experience and and then gave me a tour of the school. They described what it was like to work at their school; their rituals and routines. After that I was offered the position and was in the novice teacher program for a year.

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duval County Public School (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process was easy enough. If you are selected, you will spend half a day at the district building downtown doing paperwork and various informational meetings. You will be fingerprinted that day as well.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience make you an ideal candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. Pay was set.