DynCorp International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 19, 2017

2.4

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Material Control Supervisor Interview

Interview

Hiring and interview process was great

Acft Tech UH-60 Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2010.

Interview

If you pass the drug test we will inforn you if you get hired if you do pass we will inform you who to contact and will inform you where to report to if the case you do not pass your drug test you will not be incosideration of this job. if you do pass your drug test you will then be informed who to contact.

Materials Control Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DynCorp International in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was stressful for most of the candidates but basically it was just as every other job interview.
    The recruiters were nice and kind.They didn't rush you in answering their questions.Nice atmophesere in the office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go to Afghanistan?   1 Answer

Security Lead Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fiji (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fiji (Saudi Arabia)) in May 2009.

Interview

Comunication was good and also the culture

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview

There was no interview. After applying, I was later contacted by phone and told I got the job. After 5 years here, I still have yet to meet the lady who called me. I don't even know where she works. Everyone I know didn't go through an interview. They love military, but I know of 4 employees out of 500 that have no military experience. I was former military.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Wichita Falls, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview went well and really thought that I would receive an offer. Apparently the job was cancelled and not offered to anyone. Also applied for a job oversees but haven't heard anything. I have been told that this is a good company to work for and they are like family. Hopefully, there is a position with my name on it.

Interview Questions

• What is your background and what aircraft have you worked on.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interviews are standard canned questions, friendly and open communication. The negative is HR goes dark and never hear back. Very odd to say the least. I would suggest they email at least.

Plumber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Baltimore, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

at first a lot of paperwork going to doctors getting your background checked every thing was on a time limit they fly you down to ft worth very nice plac to stay they pay for your food you process at the hotel doctors etc. then you fly out going to Dubai until they fly you down to Afghanistan it was a short week with everything being done in a short time frame

Interview Questions

• food was not good in Dubai so go out to eat every time you have a chance   Answer Question

Fuel Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ḩawallī (Kuwait)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Ḩawallī (Kuwait)) in May 2010.

Interview

i was recruited by an agent in INDIA and the selection process was long and it contains police clearance certificate, educational qualification certificates, verification done.Later i was interviewed by company management once the verification and interview process done. First Service Agreement, Badging ,Training , Paper work, Visual classes ,Medical checkup and provided two pairs of duty uniform and mobalised to work site after completion of above hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How to understand Dyncorp company?   1 Answer

Supply/Logistics Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DynCorp International in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a few jobs around the end of last year, received a call from a recruiter about two weeks ago and she asked my job experience relevant to this position and I told her everything I did and it matched the requirements and everything was fine. Was told where I would be working (Country/Base) and given the salary, the benefits, and even the departure date if hired. She then asked me if I could e-mail her a resume highlighting particular key experiences relevant to this job. I had a resume but it did not highlight what they wanted to see but no big deal. She asked about my military experience and I stated I served 17 years and took the early retirement, she also must have seen my DD Form 214 and military rank I departed as and noticed I lost a rank and she asked why and I gave her a very general explanation and she concluded it sounded like no big deal being I retired with an Honorable Discharge. I was relieved it did not seem to be a big deal and really though nothing of it, I mean I received an Honorable Discharge and am receiving a retirement pension. I was "forced out" though with the "budget cuts" but was able to retire early. I got into trouble almost 2 years in the past and it was not a huge deal and it was non-judicial punishment and I did not have a court-martial, was not confined, and it's not on my permanent record. Two days later she called and asked for a better copy of my DD Form 214 so they could see my discharge type (even though it was on the one I provided but I forgot to scan an additional page). I called and said I would send it to her, and also stated my resume looked great but also said her management seemed concerned with me losing a stripe and the "general reason" I provided to her and she asked me to write a "memorandum" highlighting everything which I did later that night. A day later (Thursday), she e-mailed me and stated she was submitting this to their supervision for review and she hoped she would be able to make me "that offer." On Friday, I got one of those canned and faked out "We regret to inform you we are pursuing other qualified applicants....Thank you for your interest." I called and asked her details and her supervision felt I was "lying" and covering up the reasoning I received an Article 15 and lost a stripe in comparison to the reasoning I provided. I mean maybe my CO was a bit of a "hard head" who implemented a relatively serious punishment but they did not even consider that reasoning and only speculated/came up with a conspiracy theory I was lying. They also brag to have a "best buddy" relationship with the military and they are their biggest customer and this may be detrimental to that relationship. I mean, they could not reach back to me and maybe ask me for somebody I could direct them to from my old command to verify this punishment, many of them who thought I received the "shaft" on this. Technology is great, they could have found out my information another way and my punishment did not cause me to lose my security clearance or receive criminal charges and I received an HONORABLE discharge. I guess that did not mean anything..... I think they're either inept or were fishing around for an excuse to not consider me based on this irrelevant past information. The best part is that she said I could always apply later on but in my mind, I wonder if this issue would still hinder me in the future and she also stated she was "my biggest fan" but people above her made the decision(s) they did and pretty much based on nothing but speculation and paranoia or whatever.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I lost a stripe in the military despite the fact I received an HONORABLE discharge and was in "retirement" status   1 Answer