DynCorp International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DynCorp International Interview Questions

2.5

Fuel Operator/FARP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chen (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Chen (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephonic Interview / SKYP Any things u can use .other wise personal interview also .Then u can cheek my all document with certificate every thing submit my resume

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Cape Canaveral, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Senior Buyer and the Operations Manager, and the entire interview lasted about thirty minutes. They asked the standard canned questions that I think most Corporations subscribe to, they need to be more focused on the position you are applying for and if you are capable of doing the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the worse mistake you ever made and how did you correct it? Yep right out of the interview 101 handbook.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process was great. Met with a planning and scheduling manager. I also met with the senior analyst. It was 2 waves of interview in two different offices. They showed me around the office and it was a nice environment. My interview was a bit delayed so one of the manager took me in his office and began the first wave. this consisted of my background, case questions and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Onsite-They ask what were my previous experience. If i had an experience in SQL. How do i handle multiple projects in a fast pace environment? what are my strongest technical skills and my weakest. They also ask you behavioral questions to test your communication skills. Whats software am i good at? You also might want to learn how to write codes because the job required working with a lot of data. interview takes about 45 minute to an hour. If offered water, take it. You will need it. Be confident and keep eye contact because you have 2 to 3 people conducting the interview.   Answer Question

Warehouseman Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fine and it was done with professional and friendly recruiter and they gave me time to answer all the question, to think without shaking, it was one of the interview have never done in my life.

Interview Questions

• Familiar and able to answer   1 Answer

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Wichita Falls, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview went well and really thought that I would receive an offer. Apparently the job was cancelled and not offered to anyone. Also applied for a job oversees but haven't heard anything. I have been told that this is a good company to work for and they are like family. Hopefully, there is a position with my name on it.

Interview Questions

• What is your background and what aircraft have you worked on.   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, not good. I was not prepared enough for the interview process, I needed more training in order to meet the requirements of the company. I wanted to use dyncorp as a ground level company and to get on the job training

Interview Questions

• Which certifications do you have?   1 Answer

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herat (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Herat (Afghanistan)) in March 2011.

Interview

interview is a process which test our ability and our work experience our skills and our qualification . also they ask about our previous job and leaving it. and they ask about our salary .

Interview Questions

• they said do you know English?   1 Answer

Fuel Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skopje (Republic of Macedonia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Skopje (Republic of Macedonia)).

Interview

you have to be very well prepared for the interview you must have all the necessary documents must spoke of read write English you're well prepared for the interview in order to pass the whole interview process

Interview Questions

• What is your name , what's your position , how old are you , how much experience do you have for the position for which you apply   1 Answer

Supply/Logistics Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DynCorp International in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online via the DynCorp International Website at the end of December then I received a call after about 4 weeks from a DynCorp Recruiter who sounded positive about me and went over the particular job I applied. She asked if I was experienced with certain systems and certain things that were required with the job and I said I was. She sounded positive about me and stated everything about this position to include the location (country of assignment) which I thought was great because it was the same location as my last deployment I was on while in the Air Force then she covered living conditions there, the pay, benefits, and EVEN a departure date. It almost sounded as if I was about to receive an offer then she stated the "Supply Manager" would be conducting another interview with me. We then discussed my military experience and she looked at my DD Form 214 and the experience I placed in the computer and she noticed my rank and asked if I had "lost" a stripe and I said yes then she asked why and I gave her a very general description because it is something I was embarrassed about. She then said it would not be a big deal because it did not sound like anything "criminal," a small mistake, and I was discharged "HONORABLY" with a retirement pension. She asked me to update my resume showing my experience in those places that were required for this position and I did that then sent it later that night. Two days later, I was at work and had a missed call from her stating she needed another copy of my DD Form 214 scanned because the one I had uploaded to my profile was missing the last page so I went home and grabbed my copy then scanned it from work. I called her to let her know I did that and she was thankful and stated her manager was impressed by my resume but they were also expressing "concern" over my lost stripe and the thing that caused it and I was wondering why she did not say that in the voice message she left about my DD 214. She said it would be best to craft up a memorandum stating that and I did that and I gave a detailed explanation on what happened, why, and even stated it was my fault. I also enclosed some memorandum for records from former supervisors and co-workers containing positive comments about me which were written before I received my final punishment for my act. One day later, she thanked me for that and stated she sent them to her supply manager and still sounded hopeful about my employment there and still sounded like this would not be an issue. Less than a day later while I was on lunch at work, I received one of those usual e-mails you receive from jobs where they say, "I regret to inform you, we are pursuing other qualified applicants for this position"..... Yes, this was just an e-mail. I then called her and she claimed the Supply Manager thought long and hard about this but just was not comfortable with my explanation on why I lost that stripe ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO and went and "consoled" with their "security manager" and they concluded this probably was a bit more than what I wrote, instead of thinking I may have had a "hard" commander, and I retired at 17 years due to the force reduction cuts in 2014 at 17 years and they thought it was "suspicious" I got out three years before my 20 and an incident like that should have kept me in there. I explained to her I was forced to retire because of the "cuts" and this act I did in early 2013 was a factor but NOT the direct cause or my commander would have recommended discharge back then and that's why I could not stay until 20. I also stated I retired and had an HONORABLE discharge and never lost my "Secret" security clearance over this and said they could ask anybody. So, I was qualified for the job, more than qualified but they made me ineligible for this position because of "theories" about something in my past I was completely honest about, I have no criminal record, I did not lose my security clearance, and have an HONORABLE discharge and will receive a retirement the rest of my life. Sounds like they were "fishing" for something there and they sound pretty inept and I really hope they get some people there with some sense and this was ridiculous. They claim to have a close relationship with the military or Air Force so why don't they have "blue suiters" in the AF they could have consoled regarding me instead of jumping to conclusions? Why didn't they bounce questions back to me to get some insight on this? This was ridiculous and DynCorp uses "recruiters" and not the normal HR people and it's rare from what I hear, to get a call from a recruiter and I figured they should have had all this stuff straightened out before my first call..... The recruiter also said she hopes I apply for something later on (not sure how long from now) and could have a chance getting that but I'm not sure if they'll still ask the same BS questions about my past act in the military.

Supply/Logistics Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online for a few jobs around the end of last year, received a call from a recruiter about two weeks ago and she asked my job experience relevant to this position and I told her everything I did and it matched the requirements and everything was fine. Was told where I would be working (Country/Base) and given the salary, the benefits, and even the departure date if hired. She then asked me if I could e-mail her a resume highlighting particular key experiences relevant to this job. I had a resume but it did not highlight what they wanted to see but no big deal. She asked about my military experience and I stated I served 17 years and took the early retirement, she also must have seen my DD Form 214 and military rank I departed as and noticed I lost a rank and she asked why and I gave her a very general explanation and she concluded it sounded like no big deal being I retired with an Honorable Discharge. I was relieved it did not seem to be a big deal and really though nothing of it, I mean I received an Honorable Discharge and am receiving a retirement pension. I was "forced out" though with the "budget cuts" but was able to retire early. I got into trouble almost 2 years in the past and it was not a huge deal and it was non-judicial punishment and I did not have a court-martial, was not confined, and it's not on my permanent record. Two days later she called and asked for a better copy of my DD Form 214 so they could see my discharge type (even though it was on the one I provided but I forgot to scan an additional page). I called and said I would send it to her, and also stated my resume looked great but also said her management seemed concerned with me losing a stripe and the "general reason" I provided to her and she asked me to write a "memorandum" highlighting everything which I did later that night. A day later (Thursday), she e-mailed me and stated she was submitting this to their supervision for review and she hoped she would be able to make me "that offer." On Friday, I got one of those canned and faked out "We regret to inform you we are pursuing other qualified applicants....Thank you for your interest." I called and asked her details and her supervision felt I was "lying" and covering up the reasoning I received an Article 15 and lost a stripe in comparison to the reasoning I provided. I mean maybe my CO was a bit of a "hard head" who implemented a relatively serious punishment but they did not even consider that reasoning and only speculated/came up with a conspiracy theory I was lying. They also brag to have a "best buddy" relationship with the military and they are their biggest customer and this may be detrimental to that relationship. I mean, they could not reach back to me and maybe ask me for somebody I could direct them to from my old command to verify this punishment, many of them who thought I received the "shaft" on this. Technology is great, they could have found out my information another way and my punishment did not cause me to lose my security clearance or receive criminal charges and I received an HONORABLE discharge. I guess that did not mean anything..... I think they're either inept or were fishing around for an excuse to not consider me based on this irrelevant past information. The best part is that she said I could always apply later on but in my mind, I wonder if this issue would still hinder me in the future and she also stated she was "my biggest fan" but people above her made the decision(s) they did and pretty much based on nothing but speculation and paranoia or whatever.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I lost a stripe in the military despite the fact I received an HONORABLE discharge and was in "retirement" status   1 Answer