DynCorp International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.3

Fuels Foreman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Hiring process includes sitting through hours of power point presentations and a physical if you can make it through the power point slides and the physical your hired.

Negotiation

No negotiation phase one set offer despite years of experience and certifications

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone, and I was told I'd get a supervisor position most likely. I was offered a position that same night, and sent a welcome packet. Since I was in Iraq, I had to return to the US for a few days while my clearance was processed. I then went to Ft. Worth to process. Processing wasn't bad, as it was quick and DI put me up in the Marriott hotel. After completion of processing, which included a perfunctory physical exam, I was shipped off to Afghanistan.

Security Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Interview

Online application, (takes about 1hr to fill all the details) then just waited, it took about 6 months before I got a call. I already have given out on all overseas jobs since I got the same experience with at least 4 other companies, however after the first call everything was easy.

They gave me a list of documents they require (passport, DL, military records and others) plus send me to get a physical and dental examination, which I a pay for it but the company reimbursement upon hiring.

Most of the process was done online, however I got the support of the hiring personnel on the phone thru the entire process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, however their requirements for a physical and dental exam can be a hassle if you are unemployed or uninsured   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since is a contract job

MCT Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International in December 2010.

Interview

HIring was easy - When I was descoped from KBR Dec 2010 - I traveled thru Dubai. While in Dubai, DYN interviewed me. I went home for X-MAS and was on a plane Jan 2011 going to Houston.

Interview Questions

• I didnt' have a difficult question. I know my job skils and answered all necessary question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HIred on the spot in Dubai.

MCS/Manager/Supervisor/Logistics Specialist/Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Kandah, Parwan Province (Afghanistan)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was short and unprofessional. The background check was the longest process of the hiring process with this company. The Recruiter was pleasant over the phone, but there was not onsite meetings with the Recruiters or company oversight.

Interview Questions

• Does your husband work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiations were simple, and if without employment - what you are looking for. My advice is not to fall for everything you hear, even from a company as such. All money is not good money.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Melbourne, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I had very little interview time because I worked at the home office. People skills were short and sweet. The office told me I was hired and I would get a packet telling me what my job consist of and 3 months later I got it.

Interview Questions

• Can you stay away from your family for 3 months at a time was unexpected because to me it was something you should already know.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None it was this is what you get and you leave this date. Which 6 weeks later I did.

Aircraft Technical Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kabul (Afghanistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Kabul (Afghanistan)) in March 2013.

Interview

Very few questions were asked. A detailed review of my application was made, my references were contacted and I was offered the position. The process after the interview was hectic and rushed. Less than a week was given to go through medical and dental appointments. A minimum equipment list was given in the last couple days that included over $2000 worth of tools that needed to be shipped at my expense (reimbursable).

Interview Questions

• Can you be ready to go to Afghanistan this weekend?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. All benefits were set.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview

There was no interview. After applying, I was later contacted by phone and told I got the job. After 5 years here, I still have yet to meet the lady who called me. I don't even know where she works. Everyone I know didn't go through an interview. They love military, but I know of 4 employees out of 500 that have no military experience. I was former military.

Helicopter Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International.

Interview

There was no interview. Just a review of resume because turnover is extremely high. Recieved a phone call from the recruiter then from the group manager for the official offer of employment. They discussed the job and asked if everything was acceptable to me. They then told me of the 3 week backgroumd check for a secret clearance.

Aircraft Mechanic I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patuxent River, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Patuxent River, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

Knocked on door to group managers office. Asked if he was hiring.
    Gave him my resume' and phone number.
    Called in for office interview.
    Went over resume...and hired
    Was in jeans and polo shirt, sneakers.......very informal

Interview Questions

• Do you know that we keep our company heath insurance cost down by pooling everyone's (Government Fringe) together.( Providing all Managers with low cost heath insurance too, who do not receive Government fringe)   1 Answer