DynCorp International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I went through the interview with hiring manager first and directly following interviews with supervisor and program director. The questions were pretty straightforward and both interviewers were kind and nice to describe the job functions and program background.

Interview Questions

• Basically about the experience in Financial analysis, forecast and budgeting skills.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2011.

Interview

Online application, (takes about 1hr to fill all the details) then just waited, it took about 6 months before I got a call. I already have given out on all overseas jobs since I got the same experience with at least 4 other companies, however after the first call everything was easy.

They gave me a list of documents they require (passport, DL, military records and others) plus send me to get a physical and dental examination, which I a pay for it but the company reimbursement upon hiring.

Most of the process was done online, however I got the support of the hiring personnel on the phone thru the entire process.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, however their requirements for a physical and dental exam can be a hassle if you are unemployed or uninsured   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since is a contract job

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Reston, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

My interview was very nice and interesting.
    They explained income, location, excepted duties, hours and who I would be working for. (Manager/Supervisor) and he just so happened to be there so I got to meat him, and he gave me an overview of what would be expected of me and when I could start working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

"I am able to offer you $18.65 per hour if that is acceptable"

Corporate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Falls Church, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

I had two phone interviews followed by several weeks without hearing anything. I was contacted for an onsite interview at their corporate headquarters which was held on April of 2012. I was told by the recruiter that I did very well and they had one internal candidate to interview and they would let me know. I heard nothing for several weeks and finally contacted the recruiter who said the position was on hold. During this time I submitted my expense report for my meals and some other travel-related expenses. After resubmitting my expenses two more times over four months I gave up and never received my reimbursement. Thankfully air, hotel and car were direct billed. I also never heard back about the position. I did see it reposted several months later. I was disappointed that I never heard from the hiring manager again which I would expect if the position was on hold, or get an official rejection not to mention reimbursement. This spoke volumes as to the type of company DynCorp might be.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out to me as being a tough question. Mostly about my past experience.   1 Answer

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Concord, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

The company sents you an email to set up the interview by phone. The interview last about 30 to 45 mins. There is a one on one interview. For management positions it’s a two level interview.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions they ask. Provide a situation where you had to take charge in a project and what was the outcome? How do you act in stressful situations; how do you handle change? When do you let your higher up know about a situation and what did you do to contain it?   1 Answer

Warehouse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Clarksville, TN) in September 2009.

Interview

Went in and spoke with an interviewer. Had to take a drug test and backgrounch check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to depend on team work to meet a deadline.   1 Answer

Project Controls Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewer seemed confused. He could not focus on my answers. Said DynCorp has MAJOR cost issues and system problems. When I suggested we could look into to fixing them, he sighed with exhaustion. I thought to myself, people like that do not last long and I know I could make a difference here at DI if I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Have you prepared a cost report before? Have you ever done it with the worst system ever?   1 Answer

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Employees are either contract to hire or hired directly. Contractors as heavily used at DI and there is some envy by full time employees due to overtime regularly required but only contractors are paid overtime. Direct hire are at times put off for weeks / months until they lose the candidate who opts for another opportunity. Contract to hire is much more informal and good results usually results in job offer - if contractor is willing to accept salary (sometimes well below the compensation as a contractor).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Lengthy negotiations, HR was not up to date on industry comps

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Wichita Falls, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview went well and really thought that I would receive an offer. Apparently the job was cancelled and not offered to anyone. Also applied for a job oversees but haven't heard anything. I have been told that this is a good company to work for and they are like family. Hopefully, there is a position with my name on it.

Interview Questions

• What is your background and what aircraft have you worked on.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International in November 2012.

Interview

Quiz you based on everything from Google, including wrong answers.