DynCorp International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.3

Project Controls Specialist Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume to a friend who passed it along to DynCorp Human Resources. Received a call from Project Controls Manager a few months later who interviewed me for an overseas assignment. Received a call from Human Resources a month later and prepared all the paperwork for working overseas.

Interview Questions

• After discussing my background and qualifications the hiring manager asked how soon I'd like to come to work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The amount I was offered was fixed for person's of my skills and background due to DynCorp's bid as a contractor for the US Gov. I had researched the pay of my position prior to the job offer, so was not surprised by the rate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DynCorp International in September 2011.

Interview

Very simple. There was a phone interview. They asked for samples of your work and experience with office software. The last item was the face to face interview with a very high strung yet brilliant VP. She knew exactly what she wanted, and would not settle for less.

Interview Questions

• The question about mistakes in the past. Sometimes it is very hard to admit your mistakes.   1 Answer

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone, and I was told I'd get a supervisor position most likely. I was offered a position that same night, and sent a welcome packet. Since I was in Iraq, I had to return to the US for a few days while my clearance was processed. I then went to Ft. Worth to process. Processing wasn't bad, as it was quick and DI put me up in the Marriott hotel. After completion of processing, which included a perfunctory physical exam, I was shipped off to Afghanistan.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at DynCorp International in August 2011.

Interview

the company opened an office in my town and I applied directly with cv at the reception ... leave a phone number and then call you to interview
    after one interview call you for another interview if you passed and sign a contract that shows exactly how much your have on hour and annual salary on year..after signing contract I've been waiting for a visa and ticket about 2 months and then went to the doctor in dubai for physical..
    I wait about 15 days before I depart to Afghanistan

Interview Questions

• basicly ask whatever you have written in the CV...about your Job Title   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiatingabout positions and salaries

Heavy Wheeled Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DynCorp International (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

submit all info correct and detailed as possible and in a timely matter.

Negotiation

quick because all my kids where out of school and I was beyond ready to change my financial situation and jobs in the us where to competitive and you had to know somebody to get ina

Police Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Memphis, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (West Memphis, AR) in June 2011.

Interview

Be prepared for a lot of paperwork going back and forth, you need to have copies of training certifications and items related to work experience. Process moves fairly well if they need you, can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. PAST is not that difficult, be in shape and it will be easy. Don't get psyched out by the mental health review.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with the separation from friends and family?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Embedded Police Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Via email and fax mostly. You either have the qualifications or you don't. If you wonder if you have enough experience and skills to do this job, you don't. For those that do, go for it. Excellent experience overall.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. This is a contract position with pre-set salary.

Driver and Warehouseman Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DynCorp International (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

i was hired online and still did my interview online and then waited for some months i got phone call from silver-ray to kwon the day and time of flight to dubai

Interview Questions

• whether am qualified with the job am applying for   1 Answer

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Employees are either contract to hire or hired directly. Contractors as heavily used at DI and there is some envy by full time employees due to overtime regularly required but only contractors are paid overtime. Direct hire are at times put off for weeks / months until they lose the candidate who opts for another opportunity. Contract to hire is much more informal and good results usually results in job offer - if contractor is willing to accept salary (sometimes well below the compensation as a contractor).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Lengthy negotiations, HR was not up to date on industry comps

Accountant Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Most employee's come through a contracting position. I came through Robert Half and they performed the qualification process. Since then, our department head performs MS Excel testing, they prefer a degree and experience in Government Contracting.