DynCorp International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.3

Heavy Wheeled Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DynCorp International (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

submit all info correct and detailed as possible and in a timely matter.

Negotiation

quick because all my kids where out of school and I was beyond ready to change my financial situation and jobs in the us where to competitive and you had to know somebody to get ina

Police Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Memphis, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (West Memphis, AR) in June 2011.

Interview

Be prepared for a lot of paperwork going back and forth, you need to have copies of training certifications and items related to work experience. Process moves fairly well if they need you, can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. PAST is not that difficult, be in shape and it will be easy. Don't get psyched out by the mental health review.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with the separation from friends and family?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Embedded Police Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Via email and fax mostly. You either have the qualifications or you don't. If you wonder if you have enough experience and skills to do this job, you don't. For those that do, go for it. Excellent experience overall.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. This is a contract position with pre-set salary.

Driver and Warehouseman Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DynCorp International (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

i was hired online and still did my interview online and then waited for some months i got phone call from silver-ray to kwon the day and time of flight to dubai

Interview Questions

• whether am qualified with the job am applying for   1 Answer

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Employees are either contract to hire or hired directly. Contractors as heavily used at DI and there is some envy by full time employees due to overtime regularly required but only contractors are paid overtime. Direct hire are at times put off for weeks / months until they lose the candidate who opts for another opportunity. Contract to hire is much more informal and good results usually results in job offer - if contractor is willing to accept salary (sometimes well below the compensation as a contractor).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Lengthy negotiations, HR was not up to date on industry comps

Accountant Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Most employee's come through a contracting position. I came through Robert Half and they performed the qualification process. Since then, our department head performs MS Excel testing, they prefer a degree and experience in Government Contracting.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International in January 2011.

Interview

Talked with a couple different folks. They were nice on the phone and I just tried to be personable and talk to them like a buddy. They mostly wanted to know if I knew about Cobra software. No difficult questions. Management likes their butt kissed so compliment them. Leave them feeling good about themselves.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for moving expenses and I was granted $5000 bonus.

Aircraft Mechanic I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patuxent River, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Patuxent River, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

Knocked on door to group managers office. Asked if he was hiring.
    Gave him my resume' and phone number.
    Called in for office interview.
    Went over resume...and hired
    Was in jeans and polo shirt, sneakers.......very informal

Interview Questions

• Do you know that we keep our company heath insurance cost down by pooling everyone's (Government Fringe) together.( Providing all Managers with low cost heath insurance too, who do not receive Government fringe)   1 Answer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Wheeling, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I was called about the resume I submitted. We set up a time to be interviewed over the phone by my future supervisor who was the reporting section leader. We talked about my military experiences, where I had been stationed and what positions I held. My supervisor was former Navy and I was former Air Force, but we both were intelligence analysts and did somewhat similar jobs. The interview was probably 10-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How much reporting experience do you have.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't know I could negotiate, so I took first offer

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DynCorp International (Dallas, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

It did go very well, I am very satisfied
    that all you need to know, you don't tell people how much they can say
    it is an opinion I could express it in one word or 100

Negotiation

Don't accept the first offer