Dynatrace Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2018

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Waltham, MA).

Interview

3phone interviews & Hours of time creating 4Docs,PPt for OnSite interview. Told I was "in the running" upon completion & manager downloaded all my docs to her laptop. They reposted job 2 weeks later! It's a Scam to take intellectual property from experienced, talented CSMs. Don't give away your work.

Interview Questions

• As she downloads a PPT I created from my thumb drive onto her laptop: "Can you send me that Dynatrace product outline you created (which I'm admiring) & also create another document about how you managed customers for a data center migration?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dynatrace

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Waltham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was fairly simple. A couple of rounds of interviews (phone and in-person), consisting of questions on past experiences with ensuring customer satisfaction. I had made it through a few interviews (including a 1:1, face-to-face interview with the direct manager for the position. I felt the interview went great, but never heard back after a handful of follow -ups. A few months ago, I had seen the job listed again so I had reached out to the recruiter at that time and did not hear back from her either. Discouraging, because I was excited about the role.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a presentation regarding customer experience about and be able to present during your interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Detroit, MI) in February 2018.

Interview

It was lengthy but well worth it! It started with a reach out from recruiting and then a couple of phone interviews. The in-person interview day was a little intense in theory. I met with five individuals, had a writing assignment and had to give a presentation I put together. You should tell they were looking for the right fit and they look for rockstars, but they give you all the information ahead of time to fully prepare for the interview! I actually really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• There were various questions about my background, my technology knowledge, why I was looking, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Detroit, MI) in April 2018.

Interview

After submitting an application via Glassdoor, I was contacted by a recruiter to setup a 15-20 min phone call. It was very straight forward (previous experience, was I willing to relocate, brief me on what the job entailed, etc.). About a week later I had a half hour call with the hiring manager. Again, very straightforward and felt more like a conversation than an interview. From there, I was invited back for an in-person interview. The interview lasted about 2 1/2 hours and I met with four separate people for a half hour and then gave a twenty minute presentation. All of the people I met with were great and, again, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. All of the questions were straightforward and what I had expected; it never felt as if they were trying to trick you or trip you up. The presentation criteria was outlined in detail, so I knew exactly how I needed to prepare. The recruiter was amazing throughout the entire process and provided me with an abundance of information to help me through the process. She was also very responsive to all of my questions. Overall, it was one of the best interview processes I have ever been through.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Detroit, MI) in October 2018.

Interview

Best interview process I've encountered. Great people, worthwhile questions and overall a very effective process in determining fit. Started with a 30-minute screening call with the recruiter, followed by a 30-minute call with the hiring manager and the final step was a 2-hour onsite interview. Everything moved efficiently and I was never left in the dark regarding the success of each stage, which I appreciated. I ultimately accepted another offer because I would've had an hour commute each way but Dynatrace seems like an awesome company and I absolutely recommend seeking employment there. By far the hardest job offer I've ever declined.

Interview Questions

• Good mix of typical interview questions and relevant industry questions/conversation. Also included a 15-20 minute presentation component to wrap up the onsite interview. Never felt like I was trying to be tripped up and I honestly enjoyed the conversations that occurred during the interviews.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace in September 2018.

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter, followed by interviews with hiring manager and director via phone. Invited to interview onsite in Waltham with hiring manager and peers. Overall the interview process was seamless, and received great feedback. Onsite interview went very well with presentation, and could see myself being part of the team/culture. I provided many ideas/strategies within my onsite presentation that I currently used with role as CSM and seemed as though they were impressed with experience. I have to say, not impressed following my onsite interview from recruiters end. They had two CSM positions to hire on, and felt as though recruiter strung me along then went silent until few weeks later, even after follow up. They stated it was a tough decision but they ultimately went with candidate that had more CSM experience, which is very baffling given my many years success as CSM. In any event, it worked out in the end as I landed a more senior role closer to home but overall not impressed with the way things were handled following interview, and the the CSM role was just posted again. I had read previous interviews also stating this and seems to be a trend..

Interview Questions

• How do you define success? What experience do you have with migrating customers?   Answer Question