Dynatrace Interview Questions in Linz | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dynatrace

3.5

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linz (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Linz (Austria)) in December 2018.

Interview

In this month I was invited to the second round for the product management position. The first tour had gone perfectly.

It was stated by the interviewer that I was the "perfect match" for the position of the company in two different locations.
    Then, in the phone calls that I made with human resources, same was stated on the phone several times and in the second round they did not expect a very high probability of a problem.

Expectation of the second round was my presentation skills which will be measured as a session. In this direction, I got a scope of three items before one week. This is the "their product experience", "my favorite product or project in my career" and "my publications"
    It was to be transferred. From this point of view, you can also understand that the scope's soft and presentation skills will be covered.

I prepared for the presentation day and night and went to the company to present. The presentation was attended by a human resources staff, 1 assistant general manager and two directors.

I think the presentation was quite successful, as human resources and the deputy general manager expressed their enthusiasm in a very nice way.

I think I've been concentrating on my work well, despite the fact that a director sleeps during the presentation and the other works constantly on his computer.

As everything was moving very nicely, the deputy general manager reminded the two directors that they had other meetings, and the two directors left the presentation room directly.

Upon the warning of the deputy director, they returned to shake my hand.

Meanwhile, the deputy director left the room and went to speak with the directors. In the meantime, we were talking about with human resource how successful the presentation were and how there were no problems.

After his return to the deputy director, said he would share his sincere feelings began to speak. The point was that I would never be happy in the team of these two directors.

Because these two directors had a startup background and were technically looking for a nerd. I was more social and energetic. I was really shocked at that moment.

My 9 years of technical experience was measured by me after the soft presentations. A company looking for a nerd at this level didn't even challenge me with a technical case.

The process which started with perfect match in the first round resulted in a company looking for a "product manager" and a "nerd search". Therefore, my advice to friends who will apply to this position will be:

* You may have been submitted irrelevant topics. You must challenge and question the nature of the people who are going to interview you. Because they don't know what they're looking for in themselves.
    * Don't be presentable, try to appear as nerd. Glasses is a plus.
    * In your presentation, you may be confronted with situations that may disrupt your concentration, keep your spirits high.
    * Don't underestimate yourself, you have nothing to downplay.
    * Don't be social and energetic. Speak slowly.
    * If you are a character who can do all this, be happy, do not stop and apply.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• While i was mentioning about the patent, "Where is the patent?"   1 Answer
    • Could you explain one of your product topology on the whiteboard?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linz (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Linz (Austria)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online then after two months I got a phone from HR planning an interview. I guess they took long as they are swamped with applicants. Very technical first interview, second one with team leaders to find about interviewee interests to find a god fit for her/him.

Interview Questions

• what two things that affect machine learning algorithms performance   1 Answer

Java Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linz (Austria)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Linz (Austria)) in December 2015.

Interview

Before the interview, I didn't know for what position i was applying for. I started the interview by presenting my recent working experience in the web and we tried to find a position in the company I would fit into. Therefore, we mostly spoke about Java, general programming knowledge, and some classic programming paradigms. I didn't do really great at this part. In the end, I didn't get hired, because my profile didn't fully match any currently open developer position. It was my first interview and I really felt quite uncomfortable during the whole session.

Interview Questions

• About half an hour long Java and C++ specific questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linz (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Linz (Austria)) in August 2015.

Interview

The whole process was extremely fast and very professional. Some days after emailing my application I got an invite for the first interview. After a one-on-one interview with the prospective new boss it only took days to get an invite to a workshop with a presentation task. Members of the prospective new team were participating and the workshop gave the opportunity to gain deeper insights.

Interview Questions

• Mostly general about background and interests. What do you know about Ruxit?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linz (Austria)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Linz (Austria)) in July 2012.

Interview

good technical conversation at a very high level. got a chance to ask questions and also received personal feedback right at the interview. was invited to do a second interview approx. 1 week later and received the offer 2 days after the second interview. all in all the process finished within 10 days.

Interview Questions

• don't really remember the questions but it was all about Java   Answer Question

Softwareentwickler Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linz (Austria)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Linz (Austria)) in February 2015.

Interview

Gespräch mit zwei Personen, allgemeine Diskussion der Position und der Programmierarbeit die auf einem zukommt. Fragen die auf die auf das Verständnis des hauseigenen Computercodes abzielen. Am Ende Chance zum Stellen eigener Fragen. Generell freundliche Atmosphäre aber souveräner Umgang mit einer Konfliktsituation wird auch getestet. Ich empfehle sich mit den Funktionen der hauseigenen Computercodes vertraut zu machen.

Interview Questions

• Was ist eine Hashtabelle? Nennen Sie einige Datenstrukturen. Grundverständnis von Statistik.   Answer Question

Software-Architekt Interview

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Linz (Austria)) in January 2011.

Interview

Ich habe mich direkt beworben und schnell einen Termin bekommen. Das Vorstellungsgespräch hat fast zwei Stunden gedauert. Es umfasste sehr fachliche Fragen, was ich sehr begrüßt habe. Weitere Themen waren meine Motivation, was ich bei der Arbeit schätze etc. Mein Interviewpartner hat sich Zeit genommen, alle meine Fragen zu beantworten. Eine positive Erfahrung auf persönlicher Ebene. Ich habe schnell ein Feedback erhalten.

Interview Questions

• Mit einer Frage, die einfach begonnen hatte, tauchten wir in einige TCP/IP-Besonderheiten ein. Hat Spaß gemacht.   Answer Question