Dynatrace Technical Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dynatrace Technical Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Dynatrace

3.5

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linz (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Linz (Austria)) in December 2018.

Interview

In this month I was invited to the second round for the product management position. The first tour had gone perfectly.

It was stated by the interviewer that I was the "perfect match" for the position of the company in two different locations.
Then, in the phone calls that I made with human resources, same was stated on the phone several times and in the second round they did not expect a very high probability of a problem.

Expectation of the second round was my presentation skills which will be measured as a session. In this direction, I got a scope of three items before one week. This is the "their product experience", "my favorite product or project in my career" and "my publications"
It was to be transferred. From this point of view, you can also understand that the scope's soft and presentation skills will be covered.

I prepared for the presentation day and night and went to the company to present. The presentation was attended by a human resources staff, 1 assistant general manager and two directors.

I think the presentation was quite successful, as human resources and the deputy general manager expressed their enthusiasm in a very nice way.

I think I've been concentrating on my work well, despite the fact that a director sleeps during the presentation and the other works constantly on his computer.

As everything was moving very nicely, the deputy general manager reminded the two directors that they had other meetings, and the two directors left the presentation room directly.

Upon the warning of the deputy director, they returned to shake my hand.

Meanwhile, the deputy director left the room and went to speak with the directors. In the meantime, we were talking about with human resource how successful the presentation were and how there were no problems.

After his return to the deputy director, said he would share his sincere feelings began to speak. The point was that I would never be happy in the team of these two directors.

Because these two directors had a startup background and were technically looking for a nerd. I was more social and energetic. I was really shocked at that moment.

My 9 years of technical experience was measured by me after the soft presentations. A company looking for a nerd at this level didn't even challenge me with a technical case.

The process which started with perfect match in the first round resulted in a company looking for a "product manager" and a "nerd search". Therefore, my advice to friends who will apply to this position will be:

* You may have been submitted irrelevant topics. You must challenge and question the nature of the people who are going to interview you. Because they don't know what they're looking for in themselves.
* Don't be presentable, try to appear as nerd. Glasses is a plus.
* In your presentation, you may be confronted with situations that may disrupt your concentration, keep your spirits high.
* Don't underestimate yourself, you have nothing to downplay.
* Don't be social and energetic. Speak slowly.
* If you are a character who can do all this, be happy, do not stop and apply.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• While i was mentioning about the patent, "Where is the patent?"   1 Answer
  • Could you explain one of your product topology on the whiteboard?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dynatrace

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gdańsk (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dynatrace (Gdańsk (Poland)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was totally blown away by how efficient the process was. When I was approached by Dynatrace, I was already very far up an interview process with another company. Dynatrace has managed to do in two weeks what the other company was doing two months.

Interview Questions

• I have been asked everything from my experience. My language and presentation skills were tested as much as my technical knowledge. I was given a home project and had to present it in front of an audience of my colleagues. The interview took place over 3 meetings.
      1) HR and Team Leader - experience, language skills, HR/psych eval questions + home assignment/project
      2) Team Leader and colleagues - presentation of the home project
      3) 3 colleagues I would end up working with - a casual chat to see if we fit and if we will be happy working together   Answer Question