Dynegy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dynegy Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dynegy

Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dynegy (New York, NY).

Interview

Complete waste of time, they'll send you an online test, the test consists of a mechanical aptitude test, personality test, Math and computer knowledge. After you take and pass that test they'll contact you to come to the station at which you applied for to take the same test you took online. I Don't know what went wrong here but they'll tell you a month later you failed, I've taken these test 6 times now 3 of which I drove to, they're very out of touch, takes about 2 months to hear anything about the test. They invite hundreds of people to take these test, and only to tell them they failed after passing the exact same test online. Landed one interview, very blunt.

Interview Questions

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dynegy (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and set up interview.
    Went to interview with Dynegy and the hiring manager was not professional at all.
    Dynegy hired a person a lot older than me the next day after I interviewed there and I found out a week later that it didnt work out with the person they thought was the best fit for the job.
    Dynegy contacted my recruter to tell me to come in for a second round interview, instead of making me an offer.
    I was not impressed and declined. After reading several employee reviews about Dynegy and my personal experience, I now understand Dynegy's high turnover.

Interview Questions

Laborer/Janitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dynegy (Baldwin, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

I had a flight form Indianapolis to Portland paid for before I was contacted for interview. The two days they offered me to interview were during the time frame I was to be out of town. So I made arrangements to fly out of St Louis so I could make the interview and cut the flight out of town short while my wife and daughter flew as scheduled out of Indy. This only cost about $350 extra. The interview was relaxed and consisted of three panel members. We waited for on one interviewer for about 10 minutes and then the interview ran around 35 minutes. After a plant tour I was told everyone would be contacted rain or shine. I called them once after 2 weeks because our phone was out 5 days and again after 6 weeks. So one of the interviewers tells me the have made a few offers but they are doing more interviews (2 months later) and that she was sorry that they had kept in contact and that I may still may be considered. It has now been another month. I also sent them a thank you card which was never mentioned to them nor was I thanked in return. Just saying I put a lot of effort in and I feel like the were pretty unprofessional and inconsiderate. However, In one months time I was tested, in my home town, interviewed over the phone, and offered a job making 20% more in Wisconsin for Alliant Energy. It was a far better experience. No wonder Dynegy is going under. If you land a job with them you consider it to be a stepping stone?