Want a Free Job Posting?

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dynegy

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Laborer/Janitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin, IL

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dynegy (Baldwin, IL) in June 2011.

I had a flight form Indianapolis to Portland paid for before I was contacted for interview. The two days they offered me to interview were during the time frame I was to be out of town. So I made arrangements to fly out of St Louis so I could make the interview and cut the flight out of town short while my wife and daughter flew as scheduled out of Indy. This only cost about $350 extra. The interview was relaxed and consisted of three panel members. We waited for on one interviewer for about 10 minutes and then the interview ran around 35 minutes. After a plant tour I was told everyone would be contacted rain or shine. I called them once after 2 weeks because our phone was out 5 days and again after 6 weeks. So one of the interviewers tells me the have made a few offers but they are doing more interviews (2 months later) and that she was sorry that they had kept in contact and that I may still may be considered. It has now been another month. I also sent them a thank you card which was never mentioned to them nor was I thanked in return. Just saying I put a lot of effort in and I feel like the were pretty unprofessional and inconsiderate. However, In one months time I was tested, in my home town, interviewed over the phone, and offered a job making 20% more in Wisconsin for Alliant Energy. It was a far better experience. No wonder Dynegy is going under. If you land a job with them you consider it to be a stepping stone?