E*TRADE Financial Associate IT Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Associate IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I had two phone interviews back-to-back with a senior manager of both the IT Architect and Software Engineering teams. The following day I had a phone interview with a Principal IT Architect.

The Software Engineering manager mostly just asked me questions about my previous experiences.

The IT Architect manager asked me behavioral questions like what my goals in life are. He also asked me technical questions about linked lists and encryption methods.

The Principal IT Architect didn't really ask me too many questions. I believe he wanted to see how inquisitive I was regarding the IT Architecture process at E*TRADE.

The people I interviewed with were all very nice. They all had sense of humors (which I have found to be consistently absent at other engineering-based companies) and were easy-going.

Interview Questions

• How can you search a linked list for a specific node entry?   Answer Question
  • What's the difference between the RC4 and DES ciphers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation is available for the NCA (New College Associate) program.