E*TRADE Financial Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

2.6

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very original. This is a two hours interview. So, be ready!They will ask you all kind of questions (From where you from to what do you do during your free time). The environment is amazing.They will try to test your knowledge regarding the financial industry. The process is really more like a discussion than a general interview. In addition to that, the staff members are really friendly. Unfortunately, I did not get an offer.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter from career builder. Phone interview . Very basic questions . Set me up with in Person interview for the next week. Interviewd with two managers. Again very basic questions. Make sure you know about the company. I was called two days later with a contingent job offer. Went through background check and credit check. Credit check came back questionable (I have student loans and a few outstanding medical bills) ... was told that if I wrote a statement about the accounts I'd be fine. Was contacted by a different lady (the one who sent the offer letter) and had the offer rescinded 3 days before the start date. When asked the reason she said she didn't know and that she just makes the calls. Hmmm. She recommended that I contact the rep from etrade over the background checks and she never answered a call or emaill. I think it's unfair that she'd email me everyday then when it's time to tell me what happened, I get ignored. This entire process took two months and I couldn't even get an explanation. I could have been searching for other jobs!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I made a negative situation positive   1 Answer

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Called by recruiter from Careerbuilder. Quick phone conversation and interview was set up. Originally scheduled 1:1 interview but changed my time and ended up with two managers. It's a call center environment so vary customer service oriented questions. If you're offered the job what takes time after the interview is the intensive background check.

Associate Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter looking to fill roles at E*Trade; submitted my resume, and received a call back from another recruiter to perform a screening interview. I get the feeling the recruiters don't actually look at resumes, have a checklist to work from, and are incapable of thinking outside the box.

I have nearly 20 years of investment services experience and my Series 7/63 licenses, which is all reflected on my resume, but the questions I was being asked were as if I was a kid looking for his/her first job in the industry.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my availability was, because E*Trade is a 24/7 work environment, and thus they need people to fill all available shifts.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Their internal recruiter team reached out to me via LinkedIn. After some exchanges over e-mail and phone calls, a phone screen with the hiring manager was setup for the about a week later. In the phone screen the manager asked a questions about my knowledge and background as well as answering several of my questions about the position. About a week went by when I was contacted to schedule a face to face interview on site for about two weeks out. This interview comprised solely of the engineering team this position would work with and no management were present. I did anticipate some very difficult questions, however most were relatively easy.

After about another week I was contacted to schedule a final interview on site with the hiring manager and his director. The director lead most of the questioning. Some of his questions made it obvious the role would be a bit different than what the recruiter and hiring manager had previously discussed. It wasn't a major shift in duties and intrigued me enough to be open to the challenge.

About a week later I was contacted by someone in HR that would be my new contact going forward. This contact informed me I interviewed quite well, I was someone they were interested and presently were working on putting together an offer which would have to go through a few approvals. In this conversation the number they had for my salary requirements was lower than what I had discussed with the recruiter at the beginning. I was contacted later in the week and confirmed they did in fact have the correct number I gave originally however the number management was targeting was substantially less than the number i gave for me to consider making a move. I did make it clear my number was a firm minimum to get me to move, which the HR contact agreed and was on the same page as to my reasoning.

After a couple more calls with my HR contact I confirmed my number was clear to the hiring management at the beginning of the process. I was informed they came to their lower number based on assumptions of my present employment status and supposed lack of benefits (I'm W2 and have benefits) as well as assuming their benefits and discretionary annual bonus (not guaranteed) would be appealing. With these assumptions they believed I'd take an offer that was much less than I was presently making. I am disappointed they'd waste my time and money through this process knowing what I said it would take to get me to move. At this point I don't anticipate further contact. IMO compensation speaks to how a company values one's time, knowledge, skill, and experience and I doubt E-Trade values its people.

Interview Questions

• Questions on my background, experience, and knowledge were asked. I did anticipate difficult questions to gauge my knowledge, however they were quite easy.   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview,1 Assessment at home and 1 when you arrive to your interview. You refill out all the information you provided with your resume on assessment and on paper. You are interviewed by three different people and do not negotiate on pay.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

6 hours, interviewing with 7 different people. They asked a lot of general questions about their current state. Biggest frustration was it took them another 2 weeks to get back to me and simply said they chose someone else, no feedback at all. Very disappointing that I would take that much time to go through the process and then as soon as they don't need me, nothing. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They presented their problems and asked how I would solve them   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. Hiring Manager called, we talked about my experience and i was moved on to the face to face. The hint i did not pick up on was that the hiring manager explained that they were looking at internal candidates. I went to the in person interview. I thought it went great, i actually was experienced in exactly what they were looking for. My only learning curve would have been learning the etrade way. I never received a call or back for second interview or saying i didnt get the job. I would suggest not wasting your time if they say internal candidates are being looked at.

Senior Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

It took 3 weeks for the entire process. Recruiter contacted me in the first week and arranged a call with a senior employee. It was a 1 hr interview ( both technical and Management related questions ). 4 days later I was called by another senior employee with a technical interview, followed by on onsite interview

Interview Questions

• About the OMS system, with my previous experience, c++ questions and shell programming questiuons   Answer Question

Licensed Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was short and does not give the full picture of what your required role is. The interviewer was not familiar with the required exams and also was not an employee of the firm, I believed she was from an external hiring agency.

Interview Questions

• will you be able to pass the series 7, even though I had previously held the license in the past   1 Answer