E*TRADE Financial Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

E*TRADE Financial Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very original. This is a two hours interview. So, be ready!They will ask you all kind of questions (From where you from to what do you do during your free time). The environment is amazing.They will try to test your knowledge regarding the financial industry. The process is really more like a discussion than a general interview. In addition to that, the staff members are really friendly. Unfortunately, I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for E*TRADE Financial

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter from career builder. Phone interview . Very basic questions . Set me up with in Person interview for the next week. Interviewd with two managers. Again very basic questions. Make sure you know about the company. I was called two days later with a contingent job offer. Went through background check and credit check. Credit check came back questionable (I have student loans and a few outstanding medical bills) ... was told that if I wrote a statement about the accounts I'd be fine. Was contacted by a different lady (the one who sent the offer letter) and had the offer rescinded 3 days before the start date. When asked the reason she said she didn't know and that she just makes the calls. Hmmm. She recommended that I contact the rep from etrade over the background checks and she never answered a call or emaill. I think it's unfair that she'd email me everyday then when it's time to tell me what happened, I get ignored. This entire process took two months and I couldn't even get an explanation. I could have been searching for other jobs!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I made a negative situation positive   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, I received a phone call where I participated in a 15 minute phone interview. After the interview, I was then able to schedule an office interview where I took a fairly simple exam that test basic High School SAT knowledge. After the exam, I had a 30 minute interview with two managers. Interview was not difficult. They ask general interview questions and one main focus that they are interested in was your experience with customer service and sales.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a reply email about 3 days later, asking me to fill out a interview document. The document informed you of the pay then you had to answer the questions on the work document and reply back to the hiring manager. Immediately, she gave me a call and asked me to walk her through my resume. I got the in person interview that next week. Prior to the in person interview, you have to come in to pass a math and reading test. It was difficult but if you do not pass you are out of the interview process. I had an interview with the senior manager, originally it should have been 2 managers but I guess I got lucky. It lasted for about an hour. I got the job. Pay was non negotiable.

Interview Questions

• How good are you at sales? Where do you want to be in 5 years? How do you feel about being micromanaged?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in office interview. The length of time it took to hear feedback from the position was about 2 weeks. Very streamline process. The interviews are pretty laid back.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

After applying for a position at Etrade, I did not hear from Human Resources for a relatively long time, 6-8 weeks for a role that they seemed to be hiring for immediately. I initially underwent a pre-screening interview by phone to ensure I was a good candidate for the role. The interview was set for 1 week later.

My interviewers were a departmental manager with roughly 8 years experience and a Sr. Manager with 15 years experience, with both of their experiences developed at Etrade. The interview was pre-structured with several pages of questions to determine my priorities in assisting clients, with an emphasis on placing the customer first. There were several scenarios where I was asked to give an example of a complex customer need and how I was able to meet it. There were also questions about opportunities where I could have done better.

At the end of the interview I had several questions about organizational structure, longevity/tenure of employees and the broad direction of the business at large. They were somewhat surprised to hear such detailed questions, however they were appreciative and answered them as best they could.

I came into this interview with 8 years industry experience and was applying for an entry level role. They were somewhat concerned why the entry level role was of interest to me. I was clear that I was looking to start a new career with a firm and wanted to better understand the culture of the firm before I began to climb internally. This seemed to be a well received answer.

Interview Questions

• Having a two year gap in employment as the result of a layoff, they were concerned that my skills had deteriorated and that the salary they were offering were not competitive with my last role, and were wondering why I was considering this role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation over salary, which was covered in the pre-screen interview.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Contacted first through email for survey. Phone screen then computer assessment (basic knowledge, general questions). After passing assessment I met with two managers a week after. The HR people are nice and knowledgeable. The process was long and drawn out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, just sent offer letter via email.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

2 on one meeting, basic interview questions. They want to know if you can up sell. They make you take a LIMRA exam. It's hard to study for but you get questions like basic math and vocabulary questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Sandy, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview process seemed pretty straightforward- easy market questions, focused on need for overtime during personal interview. The interview was pretty average, no real difficult questions, but working for the actual company afterward was a different story. Very sales driven to the detriment of the clients-

Negotiation

wouldnt negotiate salary even though going into company with a decade of experience- same pay for all licensed reps at start- pay people what they are worth and they may stay around

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at E*TRADE Financial (Sandy, UT) in August 2011.

Interview

The process was quick and decisive. Mostly geared towards how fast you can resolve a problem and disposition the outcome. Applicants must pass the series 7 and 63 exams. Company pays for training, testing and licensing.

Interview Questions

• Completing the series 7 testing   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The job was offered and accepted as presented. They will hire almost anyone who passes a background check and the skills test. Applicants must pass the series 7 and 63 exams. Company pays for training, testing and licensing.